Marenco Swisshelicopter (MSH) is a young and innovative Swiss Aerospace Company that is working on the development and production of a new single engine Helicopter. The Marenco Swisshelicopter Group has approximately 150 employees at locations in Switzerland and Germany. The first flight of SKYe SH09 was performed in October 2014 and the start of the serial production is planned within the next 18 months.
In order to support our Flight Test Team at Mollis Airfield, in the Kanton of Glarus, Switzerland we are looking for a highly motivated
Project Test Pilot
- Planning and Execution of flight tests (Category 1 and 2) on MSH helicopter prototypes (development and certification Flights). Flying single pilot with Flight Test Engineers.
- Plan and conduct other test flying activities eg Production testing to meet MSH business objectives
- Develop and test normal and emergency operating procedures for the aircraft and determine suitable normal operating procedures
- Undertake tasks within the flight test department assigned by the Chief Test Pilot and the Flight Test Lead Engineer.
- Travel as required - This role is planned to include travel and work outside of Switzerland in support of flight test activities
- Support certification meetings with the authorities
- Represent MSH at meetings with potential and existing customers
- Support aircraft and systems design tasks undertaken by the Engineering department eg failure analysis and system optimisation
- Contribute to the preparation of Flight Test Risk Assessments
- Prepare comprehensive post flight reports and other documentation that supports the flight test activities of MSH
- Essential - Comply with the requirements of Part-FCL of Commission Regulation (EU) No. 1178/2011
- Essential - Pilot License: EASA CPL(H) with IR or ATPL(H) with IR
- Essential - EASA Category 1 Flight Test rating endorsement on your pilot license
- Essential - EASA Class 1 medical certificate without any limitations that would prevent you from flying single pilot
- Essential - Experience on Single Pilot Helicopters powered by Gas Turbine
- Desirable - Type rating on a single pilot helicopter
- Desirable - Type rating on Ec120
- Desirable - Type rating on a twin engine helicopter suitable for maintenance of IR privileges
- Desirable - A university degree in engineering, aerospace engineering or equivalent will be an advantage. Suitable experience will be considered as an alternative to academic qualifications
- Desirable - Knowledge of CS27 certification standard and other equivalent national requirements
- Essential - Good English language skills, both verbal and in writing,
- Desirable - a working knowledge of German language will be an advantage
- Desirable - a full driving license and passport
Your experience and attitude:
- MSH is looking for an excellent team player that is self-driven with the ability to work to fixed deadlines in a multinational environment.
- Ideally with experience operating helicopters in challenging environments you will be able to build on your Flight Test and Operational background and help MSH shape its future products to meet market requirements
- You should be comfortable representing the business to external agencies in a professional and credible manner
- This is an active role within a young, growing OEM. The ideal candidate wants to help push the project forward and help the engineers to improve design and drive the aircraft through certification.
We are offering a challenging job in an entrepreneurial environment with room to grow in every dimension. The project test pilot role is located at Mollis Airfield, Kanton Glarus, Switzerland.
Your next step:
If you are interested to know more about us please contact Christian Buser at +41 44 552 33 20 or send your complete application documents in German or English including cover letter and picture in a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter (including Foto and Nationality)
- Employment references
(We only accept applications which fulfill the requirements above)