Help us shape the future of banking.
The Avaloq group is an internationally leading Fintech company. Avaloq is the only independent provider for the financial industry to both develop and operate its own software. Headquartered in Switzerland and with branches in the most demanding financial centres worldwide, the company employs more than 2,200 highly qualified banking and IT specialists and has a global customer base of more than 150 financial institutions. For more information, please visit www.avaloq.com
Senior Project Controller
As a Project Controller, you are a member of the group business controlling team at Avaloq’s Headquarter in Zurich and report to the Head of Group Business Controlling. In your role as an experienced Senior you are responsible for the profit oriented controlling of major implementation projects within Avaloq’s global project portfolio. In this context your analysis of project’s financial performance, insights progress and deliverables are crucial for the steadily improvement of the business growth and profitability. In many cases you will be on site at the customer’s facility where the implementations are taking place and interact with project lead and project sub-stream leaders. Therefore availability for business travelling in Europe and Asia is a must as well as the ability to interact with different cultures and nationalities. Your stakeholders such as group executive members, country general managers and project managers relay on the fact based financial reports with gap analysis and action plans to achieve the ambitious goals.
- Responsible for accurate, timely and quality periodic reporting data, analysis and planning of project related financials (e.g. revenues, costs, gross margin, resource planning).
- Ensure compliance with Avaloq’s financial policies, guidance, accounting principles and internal controls in the project.
- Develop, foster and standardize the calculation and planning tools for projects. Identify and flag risks impacting project margin and actively contribute to risk mitigation, proposing corrective actions including accrual bookings and needed provisions.
- Organize, prepare and host project deep dive meetings to align all stakeholders with project status and issue solving progress.
- Coordinate system setups together with Business Controller and corresponding division at the beginning of the project to ensure system structure enables full transparency and control.
Controlling background (i.e. Bachelor Degree Finance, Business Economist, Experte/in Rechnungslegung & Controlling, MAS Controlling)
- At least 7 years of experience in finance and controlling function with strong exposure to project business (ideally in IT or banking industry).
- At least 5 years of project controlling experience in an international project environment.
Personal Requirements & Skills
- Availability for recurring travel activities in Europe or weekly stay in Asia.
- English and German fluent.
- Good know-how in SAP CO (BW/FI/SD/MM is an advantage).
- Solid experience in software development projects (as project controller or project manager).
- Strong personality on senior level and high degree of confidence.
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills, the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- High degree of initiative and dependability.
Main place of work
Do you want to apply your knowledge in a professional and dynamic environment? Solve challenging tasks as part of a highly qualified team? Flexible working hours, a high level of self-sufficiency in your area of work and an open work-culture await you. We are looking forward to receiving your online application!
For further information please contact Peter Bolliger Avaloq Evolution AG Human Resources T: +41 58 316 1231