Nobel Biocare is a world leader in the field of innovative implant-based dental restorations – from single tooth to fully edentulous indications. We offer dental implant systems, high-precision individualized prosthetics and CAD/CAM systems, diagnostics, treatment planning, guided surgery solutions and biomaterials. We support customers throughout their professional and practice development. Our headquarter is in Zurich, Switzerland and we have around 34 direct sales organizations worldwide. Nobel Biocare is a member of the Danaher Corporation, a diversified technology leader.
Nobel Biocare and KaVoKerr Group constitute the dental business segment of Danaher Corporation. Together, they are leading worldwide providers of a broad range of dental consumables, equipment and services, and are dedicated to driving technological innovations that help dental professionals improve clinical outcomes and enhance productivity.
Within KaVoKerr Group is KaVo Dental Technologies, which is a $1B Operating Company that manufactures and sells products that include 2D and 3D digital imaging solutions, instruments, dental handpieces, and treatment units. Customers for these products and services include general dentists, dental specialists, hygienists, and educational, medical and government entities. Products and services are sold directly and through dealer networks around the world. We have over 4000 associates in more than 35 countries.
European Patent Attorney (f/m)
To support our IP team in Zurich/Kloten we are looking for an experienced and motivated European Patent Attorney.
The role will ensure that IP is part of decision-making processes in all the relevant development and business projects as well as business-critical decisions at KaVo. In addition, the role will be supportive to address the daily challenges in the IP legal field.
• Provide strategic advice and expertise along the entire value chain, interacting with all R&D units but also with the commercial function and business development units
• Provide IP services such as patent drafting and third party patent analysis to one or more of the business units
• Ensure that the business units have freedom-to-operate for marketing their products
• Implement the IP strategy
• Take part in high profile discussions with the business, advising heads of department and VP-level professionals as well as project leaders and research engineers
• Required to travel on a regular basis (ca. 25%) to ‘clients’ in Europe, in particular to Biberach, Germany, KaVo’s headquarter
• M.Sc. Degree in electrical engineering, physics, software or related degree
• Qualified as a European Patent Attorney, with 2-4 years of post-qualification work experience
• Experience gained from in-house or private practice depending on the individual’s experience
• Management of the full patent life cycle with experience gained in managing oppositions
• Experience gained in medical equipment and digital imaging patent applications
• Advising senior functional management on IP issues, including freedom to operate
• Reviewing Invention Disclosures
• Knowledge of employee invention laws
• Drafting patent applications within medical devices
• Supporting litigious activities and IP contracts
• Management of network of international counsel
• Fluency in English and German
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment, be willing to assist/support others
• Think creatively, strategically and take initiative
• Good communication skills in gaining buy-in from internal stakeholders
• Ability to convert IP legal issues into readily understandable business issues
• Commercial acumen to understand the business implications of using IP
• Ability to work independently and autonomously
If you are interested in this role, please apply online here
To be considered for this role, applicants must be either Swiss citizens, EU-nationals or have the legal right to live and work in Switzerland. Only direct applications will be accepted or candidates through selected Swiss agencies.