Swiss-based u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is the global leader in wireless and positioning semiconductors for the automotive, industrial and consumer markets. Our solutions enable people, vehicles and machines to locate their exact position and wirelessly communicate via voice, text or video. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules and software solutions, u-blox is uniquely positioned to allow OEMs to develop innovative solutions that enable mobility quickly and cost-effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, u-blox is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia and the USA.
Senior Safety Project Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join u-blox as a Senior Project Manager, where you will be managing multiple projects, some of them targeting functional safety applications. u-blox works within a very demanding market, and these projects will be building up key product features for our future growth. This role will give you tough challenges, both technical and commercial. You should therefore enjoy challenges and be an excellent communicator at all levels, able to communicate across our multi-site teams with ease.
Projects are multidisciplinary and include silicon, hardware and firmware development and verification activities. You will be responsible for making decisions based on clear justification considering different scenarios including budget-, resource-, technical- & market risk assessment and mitigation. Besides managing the project team, you will help to define the necessary processes based on CMMI and the u-blox product life-cycle process (PLCP) to achieve high integrity products.
Candidates require several years of project management experience in the electronics industry and/or embedded software with a strong background in functional safety wishing to pursue a career in project management in a technically challenging environment.
- Plan, steer and monitor activities of the assigned projects against strict deadlines
- Run projects according to internal process guidelines according to CMMI and PLCP
- Identify project conflicts and help prioritization within portfolio
- Be responsible for management of project teams and technical project managers
- Be responsible for the planning and coordination of functional safety activities
- Effectively communicate on project status whilst prioritizing tasks within the project as required
- Implement process changes and assure where needed to improve product quality, functional safety compliance (ISO26262) and development efficiency
- Maintain key relationships within the team and lead decision making to ensure quality and delivery of projects
A candidate should meet the majority of the following requirements:
- Bachelor/Masters of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Leadership experience
- Experience in systems requirement management
- Experience in a CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) environment
- Experience in functional safety project management
- Thorough experience in project management techniques and tools
- Skills to understand and manage technical risk and ability to make key decisions based on diverse, and often incomplete or contradicting information
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to support multi-disciplinary teams in their organization, planning, work breakdown and decision making
- A strong desire to be involved in cutting edge technology and willingness to learn new technologies and improve knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to interact with senior management
- Proven ability to take ownership, lead, monitor and motivate project teams
- Willing to travel occasionally