Junior Mainframe Operator
Junior Operator for Mainframe environments
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person to join our team for one of our main banking clients and work as an Operator to monitor and act on the Mainframe area.
We are looking for a candidate who is:
The selected candidate will be requested to:
- Enthusiastic to enrich own knowledge domain, to receive cross training to be able to serve other teams in the same department
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, which may be 24x5, 24x7, normal business hours, or may involve occasional weekend and evening work either on-call support or in other forms
- Ambitious about own career growth, willing to go the extra mile to support Cognizant growth
- A team player, ready to support team building activities
- Able to represent Cognizant in front of clients and stakeholders in a professional manner with a high level of diligence and behavior
- Responsible and compliant with Cognizant corporate processes
- Perform L1 operations either as Mainframe system controller or Mainframe and Distributed system batch operator, including monitoring and event handling activities.
- Perform event management, alert diagnosis, resolution following pre-defined procedures and incident escalation and tracking.
- Support alert & demand management, close collaboration with Incident and Problem Management, as well as Application Development and IT infrastructure.
- Request fulfillment and consultancy for your area to internal customers
- Support ITIL, Change Management, Knowledge Management, Continual Service Improvement activities and processes, etc.
- Prepare, publish, maintain and review all relevant documentation
- Support management to analyze data points and contribute to conclusions and solutions in areas of improvements and/or challenges
- Follow the standard processes and procedures as established by the client
- Commit to learning objectives, proactively enroll for training, complete them within or outside working hours as requested
Good to have:
- 1-3 years of IT experience relevant to the responsibilities outlined above
- Mainframe notions, TSO/ISPF basic functionality and commands and JCL.
- Good knowledge of ITIL concepts
- Proficient in English
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills
Qualification & Certificates
- Control-M/Batch advanced knowledge
- Knowledge of application batch procedures, specifically on the Mainframe systems
- Mainframe system controlling: SAzOS, Z/OS, GDPS, Mainview, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and VBA or other forms of scripting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Share-point or similar products
- Experience in data analysis, setting up KPIs and service reporting
- Unix and Distributed Systems basic knowledge
- German Language
- Service Desk experience
- Presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Diploma or higher certification in Information Technology, Computer Sciences or equivalent experience