Please refer to topjobs.ch in your application
Learning Design & Development Specialist Job
Learning Design & Development Specialist-EMP001013
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
MSD Learning Support Services is recruiting for a degree-level qualified Corporate Learning professional to join the multidisciplinary Learning Design & Development group. This position can be home-based or located at any MSD site in Europe (incl. Mid-Europe / EMEA region).
The Learning Design & Development Specialist will be responsible for the creation, review, and updates of low-to-moderate learning solutions in accordance to MSD’s annual learning plan, such as e-learning, instructor-led courses, or performance support tools.
In collaboration with Divisional Learning Directors/ Partners/ Consultants, you will analyze training needs and design and/ or develop learning based on input from subject matter experts and relevant stakeholders. According to the build/ buy/ borrow approach for learning solutions, you will design and facilitate Train-the-Trainer programs, work with Vendor Management to support procurement of specific learning solutions/ services or manage outsourced design and development of courses/content by vendors.
Success in this role depends on a candidate’s knowledge of training needs analysis, course design methods and concepts, content development tools and deliverables, and ability to collaborate effectively with low-to-mid level divisional management, subject matter experts and stakeholders across the enterprise.
• Bachelor’s degree; degree or certification in instructional design, education, training, or related field of study is preferred
• Minimum 5 years of related experience, with minimum 1 year of experience developing learning solutions (e.g. e-learning, instructor led courses, documents, exams, etc.)
• Documented experience managing multiple low-medium complexity learning solution projects in parallel
• Demonstrated experience of the process of identifying what people need to learn for successful individual and organizational performance
• Experience developing blended learning solutions for different learning modalities, such as e-learning, classroom training, virtual training etc.
• Experience of processes, tools, and techniques for designing and developing a solution to stated learning needs
• Basic understanding of concepts and practices of adult learning and its application to the workplace
• Familiarity with methods, tools, and techniques for evaluating the effectiveness and impact of learning
• Awareness of and ability to use industry and organization standards, procedures, and policies related to learning and development
• Track record of applying approaches, tools, and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
• Strong experience in managing multiple/complex projects in parallel using basic project management methodology, tools and techniques in relation to delivering learning solutions on time and on budget
• Documented experience and ability to work efficiently across boundaries and to effectively communicate on all levels of the organization
• Comfortable working flexibly and across time zones; proven ability to manage own time and workload (working remotely and/or flexible hours is supported)
• Refined communication and influencing skills; demonstrated ability to express oneself to provide information to others effectively and in a succinct manner
• Strong customer focus and result orientation; proactive, efficient approach to delivering solutions
• Fluency and excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
Preferred skills and experience:
• Knowledge of adult learning principles, facilitation, and learner-centered activities
• Experience managing / liaising with outsourced vendors to develop and/or provide learning content
• Knowledge of mobile learning requirements; knowledge of social learning concepts and application
• Knowledge of e-learning standards and LMS courseware integration with AICC and SCORM
• Knowledge of emerging and progressive content development tools and techniques
• Familiarity with content authoring tools / development technologies (e.g., Articulate, Adobe Captivate, Lectora, HTML 5, etc.)
• Knowledge or experience in creating reusable content / learning assets
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Employee Dev./Training Generic Job Title:Learning Design & Development Specialist
Primary Location: EMEA-Switzerland-LU-Luzern
Other Locations: EMEA-Belgium, EMEA-Netherlands, EMEA-United Kingdom, EMEA-Croatia, EMEA-France, EMEA-Italy, EMEA-Hungary, EMEA-Slovenia, EMEA-Romania, EMEA-Sweden, EMEA-Poland, EMEA-Greece, EMEA-Serbia, EMEA-Austria, EMEA-Czech Republic, EMEA-Spain, EMEA-Lithuania, EMEA-Ireland-Munster-Brinny, EMEA-Portugal, EMEA-Bulgaria, EMEA-Slovakia, EMEA-Germany, EMEA-Finland, EMEA-Denmark, EMEA-Norway
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
External Job Board Posting: Switzerland - Jobs.ch
Company Trade Name:MSD