Please refer to topjobs.ch in your application
Executive Assistant, SVP Global Human Health Job
Executive Assistant, SVP Global Human Health-ADM007876
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We provide innovative medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and consumer and animal health products to help improve health and well-being. We work with customers in 140 countries to deliver broad-based healthcare solutions. In Switzerland, we employ over 700 highly qualified staff across four locations. Out of Lucerne, we serve the Swiss healthcare market and support more than 70 subsidiaries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Brazil, India, and China.
MSD is looking for a proficient and accomplished Executive Assistant to provide high quality administrative support to the Senior Vice President, Global Human Health for the Mid-Europe (MER) region, and the Swiss-based MER Leadership team members.
Main accountabilities include:
• Perform administrative support tasks for executive level with little supervision and/or instructions
• Manage phone calls, take accurate messages, and appropriately triage requests for contact/information with manager; this includes but is not limited to screening incoming calls/correspondence and responding independently, as appropriate
• Liaise with a wide range of internal and external contacts including senior leadership on behalf of the manager
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of MSD’s confidentiality policies and procedures and exercise appropriate discretion when involved in sensitive business matters
• Act as a resource for executive level regarding corporate policies and procedures
• Actively maintain calendar organization for executive level with little or no oversight
• Make travel arrangements in cooperation with external travel agency and create detailed itineraries; handle Visa applications and documents for stakeholders and guests
• Schedule and organize teleconferences and videoconferences with global participants
• Schedule, organize and coordinate onsite and offsite domestic and international meetings, including but not limited to managing invitations, tracking responses, coordinating speakers, entertainment, transportation, dining, presentation materials, budgets, and technological needs
• Actively assist manager with meetings, presentations, and/or projects; prepare agenda and follow up on meeting action items, if required
• Independently prepare, process, and reconcile expense reports, credit card statements, invoices, purchase orders, accounts payable etc., in accordance with corporate policies and procedures
• Create and maintain written correspondence, memos, executive presentations, spreadsheets, organizational charts, etc., with little oversight; proofread and edit all documents prior to finalizing
• Cooperate efficiently with team members of the MER HQ Admin team; act as role model for other Administrative assistants
• Contribute to or perform on additional projects as directed by manager
• Prepare and distribute corporate records such as agendas, meeting minutes etc.
• Commercial education (e.g. KV) or equivalent; relevant higher education is preferred
• At least 5 years of experience as general administrative assistant with experience supporting one or more individuals; prior experience as an executive assistant is advantageous
• Broad knowledge of secretarial, office administrative procedures, and proficiency in operating standard office equipment, at a level generally acquired through 5+ years related experience
• Excellent experience as administrative professional in an international environment, preferably in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry
• Experience with meeting/event coordination and planning is beneficial
• Good understanding of complex global structures, including corporate policies and procedures
• Detail oriented with high level of interpersonal skills to ensure effective flow of information
• Periodic overnight and/or international travel will be required (approx. 20%); willingness and ability to work outside regular working hours, if needed
• Highly self-motivated, result-driven and customer-focused; willing to go the extra mile
• Proven ability to support multiple executives in different fields; comfortable to provide assistance to distant/traveling managers
• Strong IT literacy with advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong organizational skills; proven ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
• Ability to multi-task, solve problem independently and to operate in a fast-paced environment
• Fluency in English and excellent verbal and written communication skills; additional German language skills preferred
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic Job Title:Executive Assistant, SVP Global Human Health
Primary Location: EMEA-Switzerland-LU-Luzern
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
External Job Board Posting: Switzerland - Jobs.ch
Company Trade Name:MSD