Nobel Biocare is a world leader in the field of innovative implant-based dental restorations – from single tooth to fully edentulous indications. We offer dental implant systems, high-precision individualized prosthetics and CAD/CAM systems, diagnostics, treatment planning, guided surgery solutions and biomaterials. We support customers throughout their professional and practice development. Our headquarter is in Zurich, Switzerland, and we have around 34 direct sales organizations worldwide. Nobel Biocare is a member of the Danaher Corporation, a diversified technology leader.
To strengthen our New Product Development team at Nobel Biocare headquarters in Kloten / Zurich we are looking for an experienced and motivated (Sr.) Product Development Engineer Prosthetics.
(Sr.) Product Development Engineer Prosthetics
In this role you are responsible for developing innovative dental prosthetic solutions according to our strategic innovation pipeline. You are part of an international, highly motivated, qualified, and interdisciplinary team that makes a substantial improvement to patient's quality of life.
- Take full technical stream responsibility ranging from early concept evaluation, over requirements management, verification & validation activities to achieve timely design transfer and market release.
- Apply a customer centric and agile development approach (e.g. Voice of Customer, FEM, 3D-prints) in order to calibrate options among cross functional teams in an efficient and effective manner.
- Apply Design for Manufacturing and Design to Cost principles to ensure a seamless design transfer.
- Facilitate a communication which is fact based, result oriented, and collaborative across all departments.
- Ensure all development activities are documented according to our Design Control Process and the filing for submission and sustainment is in place in due time and the needed quality.
- As proactive and solution-oriented personality with proven stakeholder management and conflict resolution skills, achieve stretch goals together with interdisciplinary project team members.
- You are a positive minded and intelligent problem solver with a solid technical education (BSc or MSc in mechanical engineering) who likes to work hands-on.
- You bring 3+ years (5+ years for Sr.) of successful working experience in a similar role in the dental, medical device or pharmaceutical industry.
- Your communication is fluent in spoken and written English, German is an asset.
- You enjoy international traveling (approx. 10%) to be at the place where problems can be best resolved.
- You have a proven track-record in requirements management, verification & validation, and design transfer activities leading to successful market releases.
- You bring a solid understanding of manufacturing technologies in the medical field incl. the needed experience in defining the respective specifications in a lean way.
- You are proficient in MS Office, SAP, 3D CAD (preferable NX & Team Center), and GD&T.
Nobel Biocare offers you a great place to work by giving you the opportunity to grow and be recognized for your effort and achievements while working in an innovative environment. Are you interested in this position?
Then please send apply here: (Sr.) Product Development Engineer Prostethics
To be considered for this role, applicants must be either Swiss citizens, EU-nationals or have the legal right to live and work in Switzerland. Only direct applications will be accepted or candidates through selected Swiss agencies.