Nobel Biocare is a world leader in the field of innovative implant-based dental restorations – from single tooth to fully edentulous indications. We offer dental implant systems, high-precision individualized prosthetics and CAD/CAM systems, diagnostics, treatment planning, guided surgery solutions and biomaterials. We support customers throughout their professional and practice development. Our headquarter is in Zurich, Switzerland, and we have around 34 direct sales organizations worldwide. Nobel Biocare is a member of the Danaher Corporation, a diversified technology leader.
To strengthen our Product Development Department at Nobel Biocare headquarters in Kloten / Zurich we are looking for an experienced and motivated Product Development Engineer - Packaging.
Product Development Engineer - Packaging
In this role you are responsible for both leading technical projects from idea generation to Design Transfer, and taking responsibility for developing product packaging according to the company’s Design Control and Idea to Market process. The area of responsibility includes new packaging developments as well as maintaining the existing product portfolio such as cost reduction or quality improvement.
- Generate, change and review specifying documents (e.g. SPE, DRW, ECO) as part of Technical File and project work. Ensure that documents are uniform, accurate and comply with the applicable engineering, medical device and Nobel Biocare standards.
- Develop and document packaging concepts (e.g. product packaging design, processes, layouts) for evaluation and support to elaborate business scenarios prioritizing project initiatives.
- Conduct and document technical analysis (e.g. prototypes, initial samples, complaints), perform and evaluate feasibility studies and design verification tests of technical solutions.
- Provide technical content and review product related documentation such as IFUs, product catalogues, marketing and sales information.
- Be a point of knowledge for product packaging and comply with all relevant guidelines and procedures such as Design Control and Idea to Market process.
- Strong technical background (B.Eng., M.Eng. or equivalent) in relevant fields for e.g. packaging or mechanical engineering, materials sciences or equivalent.
- Five plus (5+) years of successful working experience in design controlled product development and / or technical projects in the regulated industry
- Good track record in leading projects and project teams in matrix organizations in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry, preferably in the dental industry
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks independently to meet the objectives.
- Good understanding of user needs, clinical and laboratory workflows to be able to translate customer needs into technical requirements and to perform customer visits with valuable feedback.
- Ability to functionally lead, organize and motivate cross functional teams as well as to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comprehensive knowledge in relevant tools (SAP, NX/TC, Illustrator, MS Office, MS Project), processes (DCP and ItM) and relevant SOPs.
- Strong analytical skills and result orientation with interest into innovation and new technologies.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, German is an asset.
- Willingness to travel (approx. 5-10%). Are you interested in this position?
Then please apply here: Product Development Engineer - Packaging
To be considered for this role, applicants must be either Swiss citizens, EU-nationals or have the legal right to live and work in Switzerland. We only accept direct applications.