With project working location in the Canton of Solothurn, the Jacobs’ office in Switzerland is currently looking for
- Develop project schedules through all project phases including Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning.
- Measure and report progress in all project phases.
- Develop work around, recovery and mitigation plans as required.
- Report earned value, current status and forecast against plan.
Duties and responsibilities
Key duties may include:
- Develop detailed plans for all project phases in P6 with correct logical linkages, resource loaded.
- Prepares regular updates and present the report findings
- Prepares recovery and mitigation plans
- Prepares more detailed plans for specific functions
- Supports CM in planning
- Produces reports from P6 and manipulate outputs to suit various reporting forums.
- Integrates Sub-Contractor plans into master project schedule.
- Obtain input from all stakeholders – from all project support functions and brings all inputs to a rational schedule output
- Reviews inputs from all stakeholders and queries/checks/corrects sub-optimal input
- Facilitates Interactive Planning process
- Reviews Sub-Contractors plans
- Develops and assists in Contracting Strategy and Source planning
Education and technical competencies
The following are the minimum requirements for this function title and level.
- BSc or MSc in a related field
- Chartered Membership of a recognized Professional body
- Detailed knowledge of design, procurement, and construction/field service processes
- Detailed understanding of Jacobs’ EPCM project delivery process
- Knowledgeable and proficient with computers and experienced with:
o Primavera P6 planning software
o Excellent user of Excel
o Presentation, Word processing and database software
o Risk Analysis (Monte Carlo) software
o Earned Value measurement and reporting
- Detailed knowledge of construction methodology and sequencing.
- Knowledge of construction quantities
This position requires a minimum of 5 years experience in a planning role. This should include experience of all
project phases and experience on construction site.
For further details, please apply on the www.jacobs.com website in the section Apply for a job/Staff opportunities, and select as Country: Switzerland.
Even if you don't fit this vacancy, you might know of someone whose profile is a perfect match. If so, please share this job opportunity. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities against a competitive and attractive remuneration package