Environment Manager - Hadoop, Linux
Environment Manager - Big Data
Location: Zürich - Switzerland
Find out more about our colleagues, company culture and values on our brand new career site! Visit us: www.joincognizant.ch
- Support an end-to-end solution for a business transaction store, extending the Cloudera Big Data stack, at the same time considering & utilizing other components and platforms available within the client landscape.
- Estimate and size the Big Data solution to meet performance, security, real-time and other business needs
- Ensure seamless integration of Cloudera Hadoop Platform into the existing landscape and architect and design the corresponding integration technologies.
- Support cross functional teams to drive Hadoop implementation based upon customer's business requirements.
- Support data transformation and aggregation solutions utilizing MapReduce, PIG, Hive and including loading and transforming large sets of Structured, unstructured data.
- Assist in development, designing and implementing solutions using Big Data technologies and implementation methodologies (SCRUM).
Mandatory skills and experience:
- Excellent knowledge of Cloudera Hadoop Platform
- 3-5 years plus experience within a similar environment
- Should have supported solutions on Hadoop, utilizing and extending various components like Kafka, Spark, HBase, HDFS, Flume, Storm,MapReduce, Pig, Scoop, MongoDB, Scala, Platfora, MDM methodology driven by needs
- Should have Big Data platform estimation and sizing experience in large-scale implementations
- Thorough understanding and experience in one or more NoSQL databases like MarkLogic, Mongo DB, Cassandra, etc.
- Unix to Sys Admin skills / Scripting
- Fluency in English. German a big advantage
- Financial Industry and IT business models know-how
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centres worldwide and approximately 219,300 employees as of September 30, 2015, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: @Cognizant.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, and Science related subjects, or Business/Management studies.
- Certifications and Accreditations on Big Data and Associated technologies (desirable)