Nobel Biocare is a world leader in the field of innovative implant-based dental restorations – from single tooth to fully edentulous indications. We offer dental implant systems, high-precision individualized prosthetics and CAD/CAM systems, diagnostics, treatment planning, guided surgery solutions and biomaterials. We support customers throughout their professional and practice development. Our headquarter is in Zurich, Switzerland, and we have around 34 direct sales organizations worldwide. Nobel Biocare is a member of the Danaher Corporation, a diversified technology leader.
To support our Fast Impact & Sustain team in Zurich/Kloten we are looking for a solution-oriented and motivated Design Engineer (Konstrukteur).
In this role you take responsibility for driving and supporting Fast Impact initiatives (e.g. related to Compliance and product availability) and other Life Cycle Management activities on launched products according to the company's Design Control process. This includes a diversity of activities such as quality improvements, cost reductions and general portfolio maintenance.
You will be an additional support for one of our Product Development team in Zurich consisting of eight associates.
Design Engineer (Konstrukteur)
- Generate, change and review specifying documents (e.g. DRW, BOM, LFT, ECO) for design changes as part of Technical Files and life-cycle management activities
- Ensure that documents are uniform, accurate and comply with applicable engineering, medical device and Nobel Biocare standards
- Execute / support life-cycle and compliance activities including change verification (e.g. testing)
- Identify, plan, perform, and document product changes and product / production improvements
- Conduct analysis (e.g. tolerance analysis based on GD&T, prototype evaluations, initial sample inspection, and complaints) and generate specifying documents in an accurate way to comply with applicable standards.
- You are a positive minded, intelligent problem solver with a solid technical education (e.g. Design Draftsman apprenticeship with further studies in mechanical engineering) who likes to work with a hands-on attitude
- You bring 1 to 3 years of successful working experience in the mechanical engineering field - preferably in the dental, medical device or pharmaceutical industry
- You are experienced and skilled in the relevant tools (CAD NX & Team Center, SAP, MS Office)
- You work well with multiple tasks both independent as well as in interdisciplinary project teams through applying your communication skills (fluent in English, German is an asset)
- You are an independent and reliable specialist with attention to detail and desire to meet the needed quality