Varian is the world’s largest manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy and brachytherapy. Our vision is a world without fear of cancer. To meet this challenge, we equip the world with new tools for fighting cancer.
At our R&D site in Baden with more than 300 employees we specialize in the development of soft- and hardware for cancer treatment. To complete our team, we are looking for a
The Varian Medical Systems Imaging Laboratory offers a respectful, friendly, open and international working environment, regular training and education, flexible work time management, competitive salaries and excellent fringe benefits. In this new position in a team of about ten highly competent engineers and scientists you will be responsible for achieving and maintaining the use cases and desired image quality of our products. In this function, you will work closely with other cross-functional team members within Varian.
- Take overall responsibility for achieving and maintaining the use cases and desired image quality of our products.
- Support of design, development and maintenance of diagnostic X-ray components (tube, generator and x-ray imager).
- Drive innovation for x-ray imaging application for radiation therapy products.
- Define system architecture with focus on imaging chain and under considerations of required use cases and platform constraints.
- Responsible for image quality related feedback from the field.
- Take care of and monitor error statistics of field returns.
- Technical Bachelor or Master (Uni/ETH/FH)
- Experience in H/W engineering is a plus
- Strong scientific background
- Knowledge in flat-panel development and x-ray products is a plus
- Forward thinking, structured way of working with an ability to get things done
- Self-motivated, knowledge-seeking attitude with a strong desire for business impact
- Fluency in German and English language
You are analytical, communicative, and focused. You work structured and have an eye for details. In addition, you can express your ideas and research in written form. You are used to working independently, open to discussing ideas and solutions with your colleagues. You thrive in an international work environment and in cultivating your contacts with partners in Europe and overseas.
Have we sparked your interest in a challenging and exciting position in a global environment with a potential for development? We look forward to receiving your application and CV. Someone somewhere will be glad you did. Job code R-5055, APPLY HERE