On behalf of our client, a premium brand company with an international outlook headquartered in the Canton of Zug, we are seeking a bright assistant to provide five-star support in an exciting environment. This role has been newly created. As a member of the core team, you will apply your experience to building the back-office of this rapidly growing company. You will work alongside award-winning founders and high-caliber investors - a great chance to immerse yourself in the world of luxury products.
Executive Assistant to the COO / Office Manager (m/f)
Brief. The COO has vast experience serving in major international corporations. He is an expert in achieving fast financial and organizational turnarounds, has played a role in numerous acquisitions, and shares his multidisciplinary knowledge by investing in businesses and sitting on the board of several companies. The purpose of this role is to administratively support him with a determined approach to the ever-changing needs of the business. New employees will join, and you will be instrumental in ensuring that company operations run efficiently. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic and the desire to go above and beyond—always willing to put in hard work to achieve results. You should be equally passionate about performing administrative duties as you are about carrying out challenging projects. The following list of responsibilities is meant to provide an introductory overview only.
- Top-notch administrative support to the COO and, on a need basis, the Executive team.
- Proactively managing the agenda to ensure the smooth running of the day, handling correspondence, shadow-reading mail, bringing sanity and order, filtering out noise, and handling multiple tasks in a self-directed way.
- Organizing and preparing for internal/external meetings, including associated logistics after the Covid-19 situation has eased and travel is allowed.
- Creating professional presentations, drafting documents, preparing keynotes, taking minutes, responding to routine inquiries.
- Acting as the point of contact and liaising with board members, investors, and key partners with a strong focus on the US market.
- Participating in meetings and occasionally travel abroad; communicating project briefs to other key personnel.
- Supporting business development activities and helping project deadlines to be met without direct supervision.
- Sharing best practices; fostering a collaborative and forward-focused company culture.
- Assisting on ad-hoc projects, non-work elements, and occasional personal inquiries.
- Office management: Developing relationships with external providers to ensure that all services are in place. Maintaining responsibility for the upkeep of the office, procurement and supplier management, and negotiations. Ensuring that all contracts (e.g., business, cleaning, car insurance, mobile phone, etc.) are in place.
Your Skills & Experience.You have an interest in the luxury industry and a good understanding of managing an executive office. To thrive in this position, you must remain unfazed while addressing last-minute changes to plans. You go with the flow, and you are fun to work with. You are intelligent and possess a get-things-done attitude. In simple terms, your commitment brings positive energy to any given task. What else is requested?
- B.A. degree and/or commercial apprenticeship combined with a minimum of eight years experience in executive-level support at multinational organizations or working for successful entrepreneurial businesses (Marketing, PR, Media, Fashion, Luxury).
- Communication skills second to none in both face-to-face and virtual settings. English must be fluent in both spoken and written business communications (native or C2 level). German and/or Italian would be a major plus.
- Tech-savviness; full proficiency in MS-Office Suite; confidence in using PowerPoint to create high-level presentations.
- The ability to foster relationships, collaborate across disciplines, and handle the complexities of a growing business.
- Given the nature of working for a premium brand, our client expects a polished and sophisticated appearance and a high energy level combined with a confident, efficient nature.
- A proactive approach with the ability to juggle scheduling demands; agile and creative thinking with proven problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze situations accurately and decide the proper course of action.
- Social competence and empathy. You should be an approachable ambassador for the company.
- Attention to detail, with first-rate follow-through skills.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity in dealing with a wide range of individuals and cultural contexts. This is crucial and essential when you interact with business partners from other countries.
- Flexibility to travel abroad occasionally, work across different time zones, and work irregular hours.
You won't find a perfectly structured office, which is why our client needs your support. You have the opportunity to be there right from the start and to tailor your role. The COO recognizes that success is due to talented, hard-working team members. Hence, if you want to progress your career within a cosmopolitan enterprise, you may look forward to being part of a small international team. And, if you are willing to set the pace and deliver results, you will be rewarded with the potential for growth and an attractive compensation package. To apply, please submit your résumé, a personal statement, and reference letters/diplomas as a single attachment.
Barnickel & Fellows | Hofackerstrasse 32 | CH-8032 Zürich | +41 44 269 50 25