Our client, a hugely successful, multinational listed stock corporation and one of the world’s leading suppliers in its field, is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland. Its employees are inspired by past successes and excited by future opportunities. We are looking for an executive assistant with long experience and strong charisma to serve as a critical partner on all CEO-related tasks. You will be relied upon to understand priorities and think ahead, acting as a gatekeeper when required. Hence, you must be highly adaptable and be prepared to hit the ground running. Emotional intelligence, good judgment, and common sense are key in this role, as are building relationships with colleagues and pulling everyone together.
Executive Assistant to the Group CEO (m/f)
Brief. You will act as a trusted assistant, support the Group CEO in executing his duties, and interface frequently with all parts of the company. The atmosphere can best be described as a dynamic, fast-paced one in which different cultures interact in a positive way. The Executive Committee (EC) consists of highly qualified, talented executives. The successful candidate will bring profound experience in executive assistance and a nuanced understanding of business and management issues. You will interact with, be in touch with, and support many aspects of a highly innovative company. The CEO has a brilliant analytical and creative mind, is a strategic thinker, and acts highly efficiently—a business professional with decades of success who is forward-looking and dedicated to the company’s future.
Roles and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following)
- Providing seamless, professional administrative service to the CEO and acting as an ambassador for the organization, ensuring that internal and external stakeholders have a positive and professional experience.
- Taking the initiative to preempt the CEO’s professional commitments. Anticipating and managing his diary, planning and preparing calendars, and reworking the calendars as required to prioritize and manage his time effectively.
- Managing complex travel, including associated logistics, for the CEO’s attendance at global meetings (post-Covid-19/once permitted again).
- Managing the CEO’s mailbox; sorting and filing incoming emails; flagging important correspondence and following up any required actions; responding to and redirecting email on behalf of the CEO where appropriate and as requested.
- Preparing and collating all documents, supporting papers, and PowerPoint presentations in advance of any key meetings; participating in and following-up on action points; overseeing annual business planning, enabling decisions to be made, and coordinating input from senior management.
- Organizing the Annual Management Conference in collaboration with Communications; organizing events, workshops, and off-sites (all post-Covid).
- Assisting in the preparation of spreadsheets, keynotes, and presentations.
- Reconciling expenses, including credit cards; handling vendor invoices and purchase orders.
- Occasionally providing onsite EA support during leadership meetings (internal/external).
- Becoming a core member of the group’s administrative team and championing the company’s high professional standards.
- Using independent judgment and discretion to perform other duties within generally defined guidelines.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration and/or a commercial apprenticeship and/or Executive Assistant’s diploma or any other relevant education.
- Minimum of 15+ years’ experience working as an assistant to C-Suite in a global PLC; knowledge of company governance, planning of board meetings.
- Advanced-level expertise in MS Office Suite, SharePoint, SAP, virtual communications tools (Teams, zoom, etc.)
- Business proficiency in English and German (C2 according to CEFR). Ability to speak French would be advantageous.
- Deep understanding and awareness of the requirements of a senior leader, allowing you to make smart decisions and prioritize the day-to-day workload and deadlines.
- You are articulate and quality-driven, supporting the CEO on his journey to make each day better than the last. You will work under your own initiative, staying highly driven and results oriented.
- You combine exceptional organizational skills and time management with strong attention to detail.
- You are a proactive, ambitious personality who can operate independently and as part of a team; your leadership skills enable you to coordinate with others to ensure that everyone works together toward common aims and objectives.
- You will apply your logical thinking skills to continuously improving the company.
- As a diplomatic and intelligent person, you easily liaise with different audiences, as the CEO maintains a global network (mainly in the scientific arena). You thrive in a multicultural environment and can connect to all levels of an international organization.
- You radiate positive, optimistic energy melded with a creative problem-solving attitude.
- You offer uncompromising reliability; you exercise discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- You have a flexible attitude about work and can adapt to suit the hours of the CEO, which will occasionally be necessary.
- You are accountable for your work. You make the necessary decisions and are responsible for the work and service you provide.
What Will Be Offered
At our client’s firm, your strengths and experience are worth something. This is a rare and exciting role well suited for an EA with first-class organizational and interpersonal skills who takes an active interest in the company’s success. You can look forward to working for a renowned company that combines experience with innovative thinking to create products that help millions of people globally. Not least, an attractive remuneration and above-average company pension scheme will be offered to the right candidate. To apply, please submit your résumé, a personal statement, and reference letters/diplomas as a single attachment quoting the job ref. «Executive-CEO-Assistant». We look forward to receiving your application.?
Due to the current Covid-19 situation, we will be following a virtual recruitment process with online interviews and online assessments. This will be explained to you further should you reach the interview stage. Face-to-face interviews will take place only with shortlisted candidates. At all times, our client will follow government guidelines in relation to Covid-19 to safeguard employees or anyone visiting their company.
Barnickel & Fellows | Hofackerstrasse 32 | CH-8032 Zürich | +41 44 269 50 25