My client is an international pharmaceutical company. Innovative and dynamic, they are currently expanding their team. Due to this growth, my client is looking for a project engineer to join them.
- Prepare the internally generated Conceptual Design packages on assigned projects with assigned Process Engineer or Operations
- Establish the URS and technical specifications, and design tanks, pumps, pipes, valves...
- Insure during design phase Operability ant Maintainability of new equipment/installations
- Prepare and issue request for proposals to Outside Engineering Firms for design, procurement and construction with the technical purchasing assistance. Then evaluate, challenge and select OEF's
- Perform the Basic Engineering study including appropriate safety and quality reviews in order to prepare the project's investment files at ±10% accuracy to go approval process
- Manage the detailed design phase of assigned projects
- Monitor construction progress vs plan: Safety, Conformity, Quality, Budget, Time schedule, Scope
- Organize FAT inspections , manage construction commissioning, water batch testing and startup in close collaboration with Operations, before formally transferring the completed project to the owner
- Monitor and control project performance against the master project schedule and the approved business case.
- Ensure the projects reporting
- Organize project documents archiving and financial closure of the projects
- Share lessons learned with engineering team
- Establish or update engineering standards
- Maintain current knowledge of the latest process approaches and techniques for effective project management
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a similar function in the Chemical or Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience of managing projects (< 250 or 500 KCHF)
Academic background and skills:
- Graduated in Chemical or process Engineering (Master level or equivalent)
- Certificate or proven experience in Project management
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams: Safety, Finance, Production, Maintenance, etc...
- Accountability to drive a project team from end to end and deliver "on time in full"
- Hands on behavior
- Root cause analysis and Problem solving
- Languages: French "native" and English fluent
- IS tools: CADD system, , MS Project, Documentation system