Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world
Pharmaceutical Plant Engineer
About the role :
As Plant Engineer, your mission will be to supply engineering expertise to support and continually improve the Takeda Neuchatel site and ensure the continued production activities of while respecting all relevant standards, cGxP's, and the wants and needs of the customer.
The Plant Engineering team with the Site Engineering department ensures continuous support for the Takeda Neuchatel site installation. As the equipment & process expert, the Plant Engineer provides the technical support for the user with respect to investigations, re-occurring problems, required modifications, optimizations and Continuous Improvements. Additionally, the Plant Engineer shall support the delivery of projects of varying complexity that span the complete site operations and organizational boundaries. As Plant Engineer, your primary area of activity will be in Bulk Production areas.
How you will contribute :
The Plant Engineer shall :
· Be the primary contact (Subject Matter Expert SME) for the users of the assigned installation with regard to technical aspects.
· Provide expertise in systems and production equipment such as Bioreactors, Filtration (incl UFDF), Chromatography, Process piping systems, CIP skids, SIP systems.
· Lead &/or Support the design, installation, commissioning and qualification of improvements, changes or upgrades to the equipment/plant.
· Ensure proactively that the technical condition of the equipment, systems and installations are appropriate for use, proposing corrective actions and/or improvements to the user in case of weaknesses.
· Organize and coordinate corrective actions, improvements and modifications.
· Ensure compatibility and consistency with existing organization and industry standards (cGMP, GEP, SUVA/ASIT etc.)
· Ensure that appropriate safety measures are taken to prevent all risks of injury
· Develop and applies engineering procedures and company standards.
· Ensure implementation of site, divisional and corporate procedures.
· Participate in internal and external audits as a system expert.
· Lead the Takeda Obsolecense program.
What you bring to Takeda :
Education and Experience
· Engineering degree (BS, MS or equivalent) in biotechnology, chemistry, food processing and/or mechanical engineering.
· 7+ years experience in the Pharma/Biotech industry (Process/Engineering and/or Manufacturing).
· Experience in the installation, commissioning and validation of pharmaceutical facilities, and process equipment equipments as per the following:-
o Process piping & instrumentation
o Bioreactors, process vessels and storage tanks
o Chromatography and filtration (incl filter testing) units
o CIP Systems and processes
o SIP Systems and processes
· PLC/Automation (Siemens & Allen Bradley) programming, Maintenance and Utilities experience an asset.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge of Good Engineering Practices, cGxPs, FDA guidelines, ISPE guidelines, ATSM2500 & ASME/BPE standards.
· French and English (spoken and written), German a plus
· Computer skills: MS-Office suite and MS-Project
· Good problem solving
· Technical learning
· Team oriented
· Ready for hands on activities
· Action oriented skills
· Agility to working in a fast paced environment.
What we offer:
What Takeda can offer you:
- Attractive salaries
- Full accident cover
- Participation in health insurance premiums
- Advantageous retirement plans
- Subsidized meal
- Financial participation in the sports practices of its employees
- Transportation: support in local public transport, free parking, carpooling program
- Takeda Neuchâtel offers to its employees an attractive framework and working conditions. The well-being, safety, development and career development of its employees are at the heart of our vision and of our Human Resources, Health, Environment and Safety policies.
- Takeda Neuchâtel is an employer committed to its employees and future generations.
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering our people to shine:
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.