HR Operations Specialist
HR Operations Specialist
Sonar’s industry-leading solution enables developers and development teams to write clean code and remediate existing code organically, so they can focus on the work they love and maximize the value they generate for businesses. Its open source and commercial solutions – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support 30 programming languages. Trusted by more than 400,000 organizations globally, Sonar is considered integral to delivering better software.
The impact you can have
As part of the company's high growth, the HR Operations team composed of 4 people based in Geneva is looking for a new team player: we expect you to have a big impact in driving HR operations as well as influencing strategic matters related to our workforce. Today we are distributed over 5 offices: Austin, Texas US, Geneva, Switzerland, Bochum, Germany, Annecy, France and Singapore and we plan for those offices to grow. You will handle HR-related matters for US, DE, CH, FR and SG. You will be in daily contact with the employees around the locations and also partner closely with the Finance team and the People & Culture team.
On a daily basis, you will
- Drive and own the entire administrative HR life cycle such as onboarding and offboarding, mutations etc.
- Be responsible for administrative matters such as social insurance, tax at source, reference letters, work certificates, and family allowances for Switzerland but also Worldwide
- Organize and maintain employee's records
- Play a key role in preparing the payroll accurately and liaise with our external partners for execution
- Be the point of contact and operational advisory for the needs and requests of all SonarSourcers worldwide
- Manage benefits requests (pension plan, holidays, parental leave, medical plans)
- Build, review, and improve HR policies and communicate accordingly
- Maintain confidentiality of personnel records and other sensitive information
The skills you will demonstrate
- At least 5 years of experience in HR Operations
- Proven solid experience in HR operations and have been dealing with social benefits, payroll, and income taxes
- Experience in a global, multi-location, fast-paced company: SonarSource is a very stimulating and continuously evolving work environment! We grow fast!
- Strong understanding of Labor Law in general
- Working knowledge of BambooHR or similar HRIS system
- Experience dealing with US social benefits, payroll, and income taxes is a plus
- Strong team player; able to collaborate effectively, listen to and develop others
- Self-confident and bold to challenge the status quo accordingly
- Rigorous, self-organized, and autonomous in dealing with priorities
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- French language would be an advantage
Words from the team
We are a team of 4 passionate people, working for the Swiss, French, German, US, and Singapore offices. All based in the Geneva offices, we provide support to the SonarSourcers and the Company on a variety of subjects. We consider ourselves as team players. Open to feedback, we take any opportunity to learn from each other and from the challenges we are facing in order to grow our expertise. We believe that communication, collaboration and having fun are the keys to the success of the team.
Feel ready to be our next team player? Apply and we will soon get in touch with you!
SonarSource HR Operations team.
Why you will love it here
- Safe work culture - we value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
- Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
- Great people - we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains. Our 300+ SonarSourcers from 33 different nationalities can relate!
- Work-life balance - keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy and some people prefer working some days from home.
- Always keep learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
Sonar was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 350,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
If this sounds like you, apply now!