permanent, 80 - 100%
Start: 01.02.2022 or upon agreement
Bühler Group is a $2.7B global company striving to provide a rapidly growing world population with access to healthy food and safe mobility solutions. Every day, billions of people come into contact with our sustainable and highly innovative technologies to cover their basic needs for food, mobility and communication.
As part of our global Project Execution team, the Project Directors are responsible for managing our type A projects within time, budget and quality targets and leading the associated project team. We are now looking for a committed and highly motivated Project Director who is ready to create a sustainable tomorrow together with us.
- Manage and lead the project team including internal partners, subcontractors, consortium partners and external interfaces for complex, cross-business type A projects
- Profit and loss responsibility for the allocated projects by delivering the projects within time, budget and cash targets in the required quality whilst optimizing the margin
- Ensure compliance with Bühler directives and EHS standards
- Supervise the negotiations for the allocated project and provide the execution strategy; final decision on the overall execution strategy as well as the subcontractor and sub-suppliers
- Ensure proper deviation, risk, and opportunity management within the project. Assess, approve and expedite technical aspects of change orders and define effective claim strategies towards clients, partners, subcontractors, etc.
- Conduct Project Reviews with the businesses and the top management and create reports following the Bühler Project Management principles
- Responsible for the setup, initiation and guidance of a suitable site organization in line with the Bühler Project Management process
- Contributor and core member of the Project Management Office to establish, implement and maintain operating standards to ensure quality project results and customer satisfaction
- Supervise, support, coach and partially also select the Project Team Members
- Master's or Bacherlor's degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Economics or Business Administration; PMI certificate
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in the industry, incl. experience in engineering, procurement, installation, commissioning, and project management of large plant construction projects
- Ideally experienced within EPC/ EPCM set-ups and vast knowledge of Bühler Plant principles
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills, including the ability to interface effectively with people inside and outside of the company with a strong customer focus
- Insightful, able to collaborate with other management team members when developing strategy and implementing business plans within an interdisciplinary environment and matrix organization
- Very good commercial knowledge for assessing business risks and opportunities to undertake commercial negotiations and assure active contract management.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills with a proven ability to manage and develop teams
- Fluent in English (spoken + written) and preferably a second language e.g. German or Spanish
- Highly proactive, driven, motivated and flexible
- Willigness to travel internationally
- Strong intercultural, organizing and decision-making skills
- Ability to be detail oriented without losing sight of the big picture
- Highly innovative and cross-cultural work environment
- Career development opportunities and training
- Health-care program
- Free parking
- Company canteen and catering facilities
- Good connections with public transport
- Employee benefits and discounts
We are working to create sustainable innovations for a better world. Our aim is to transform the world's most pressing food and mobility challenges into sustainable technologies, process solutions and business models. At Bühler, you are empowered to show initiative and take responsibility. In our family-owned company, personal success goes hand in hand with shared success. We foster a diverse and inclusive workplace where integrity and courage are key drivers of our success. We support your personal development because we want you to make a difference. By joining Bühler, you will be helping us tackle global challenges while at the same time meeting the needs of our customers.
Bühler is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company, therefore, it's important that you match us and we match you. Regardless of your gender (m/f/d).