Head of Purchasing and Distribution / Retail (F/M)
Swatch is a leading Swiss watchmaker and one of the world's most popular brands. The first Swatch watches surprised everyone with their revolutionary concept, creative design and provocative spirit. The brand philosophy is based on colour, movement, lightness and transparency, which can be seen in every Swatch product and project. The brand maintains a strong presence in the world of sports and art.
In order to join the Purchasing team at its Headquarters in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland, SWATCH is currently recruiting for a
HEAD OF PURCHASING AND DISTRIBUTION / RETAIL (F/M)
Your major responsibility in this position is to manage the logistic process for Retail material, from the order to delivery. In collaboration with your team, you manage and develop the supplier network, ensure furniture and fixture orders and deliveries to our clients. You are responsible to lead negotiations, manage quality and control stock levels.
Typical activities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the procurement (sourcing, negotiating, developing, and contracting) of strategic "non-watch" products (furniture, lighting system, display, showcase, shop-in-shop, kiosk...) and services (design and engineering)
- Define company needs, cooperating with project leaders and Retail, Marketing, Logistic and Sales departments
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with all internal and external partners (Logistics, Finance, Sales as well as customers, suppliers, warehouses, etc)
- Define sales prices to the markets
- Propose and implement changes to improve an existing product
- Coordinate the transfer of products to new manufacturing sites
- Ensure respect of standards
- Analyze incoming offers: cost comparison sheet, costs breakdown, raw material index and matrix for decision
- Negotiation of conditions, terms, prices, incoterms and related contracts if needed
- Quality Management
- Participate in the procurement-retail meetings to follow up all projects from a procurement approach
- Follow-up of projects and orders
- Search for new suppliers and manage the existing ones (communication, strategy, action plan)
- Further develop a multi-source approach
- To be successful in this position you must be capable of working in a fast moving and changing environment. You are open minded, flexible and have strong management skills. The position requires travelling time.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Retail purchasing or related fields
- Experience and good understanding in Technical Purchasing in order to be able to lead negotiations
- Experience in leading a team
- Project management skills for projects spanning across different functional and international environments
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, convince and negotiate
- Strong ability to develop partner relationships with internal customers and suppliers
- Service-oriented mindset
- Good knowledge in all contractual and legal aspects
You are fluent in English and French and/or German. Any additional language is an advantage.
If you feel this challenge meets your profile and expectations, please send your CV and all required documents in English to:
CH - 2500 Biel 4
Länggasse 85 2504 Bienne