Sonar’s industry-leading solution enables developers and development teams to write clean code and remediate existing code organically, so they can focus on the work they love and maximize the value they generate for businesses. Its open source and commercial solutions – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support 30 programming languages. Trusted by more than 400,000 organizations globally, Sonar is considered integral to delivering better software.
The impact you can have
The IT Operations team is composed of passionate engineers who are fully engaged in delivering the best products that help teams deliver their best work. We are focused on reducing friction and getting the most value from solutions to enhance outcomes. We want to expand our IT operations to manage more systems in a predictable way that accounts for scalability, resilience, and performance. This includes the review and selection of tools where changes are needed to achieve our objectives.
On a daily basis, you will
- Gather data, analyze and understand business and user needs
- Translate business problems into functional specifications
- Using the functional specifications, develop IT solutions to business and user needs by analyzing and understanding them
- Deep dive into the current business capabilities, needs and technology gaps to identify the right solutions
- Develop workflow and process documentation for the organization
- Contribute to and drive continuous process improvement initiatives to meet business needs
- Define, maintain and promote the processes and best practices for the application usage in the ITOps team
The technical skills you will demonstrate
- Degree in computer engineering, business administration, or related field
- 5+ years of proven experience in a related role
- Experience with IT Solution Development
- Experience in project management
- Experience with generating process documentation and reports
- Technical writing capabilities
- A plus - Experience in Jira and ServiceNow
The soft skills you will demonstrate
- Problem-solving skills with an analytical mindsetInterpersonal skills
- Highly autonomous and pragmatic
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude
- Preferring to work in a team, sharing information, and ideas and understanding the power of collective thinking to get the best solutions
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as to receive and give feedback to improve the team and yourself
- Leadership: Taking the initiative and demonstrating your ability to lead a subject from beginning to end
- Valuing “done” over “perfect”
- Not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and helping make things happen
Words from the team
Our team is made of passionate teammates, making sure that we can provide a seamless service to meet the company's needs. We use Cloud Service Providers to achieve our objectives and leverage SaaS best-of-breed solutions. We help the internal teams and users across our 5 campuses in Austin, Annecy, Bochum, Geneva, and Singapore and take pride in enabling teams to deliver their very best work at SonarSource. This role is an on-site role in our Bochum office.
Why you will love it here
- Safe work culture - we value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
- Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
- Great people - we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains. Our 300+ SonarSourcers from 33 different nationalities can relate!
- Work-life balance - keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy and some people prefer working some days from home.
- Always keep learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
Sonar was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 350,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
If this sounds like you, apply now!