About Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Idorsia Ltd is reaching out for more - We have more ideas, we see more opportunities and we want to help more patients.
In order to achieve this, we want to develop Idorsia into one of Europe's leading biopharmaceutical companies, with a strong scientific core.
Headquartered in Switzerland - a European biotech hub - Idorsia is specialized in the discovery and development of small molecules, to transform the horizon of therapeutic options. Idorsia has a broad portfolio of innovative drugs in the pipeline, an experienced team, a fully-functional research center, and a strong balance sheet - the ideal constellation to bringing R&D efforts to business success.
Idorsia was listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker symbol: IDIA) in June 2017 and has over 1,200 highly qualified specialists dedicated to realizing our ambitious targets.
- Responsible for drug discovery project support:
- Molecular modeling
- Virtual Screening (docking, pharmacophore modeling)
- Structure- and ligand-based drug design
- HTS data and SAR analysis
- Communicate with project teams and other departments:
- understand the needs and priorities of stake holders
- provide tailored technical and scientific support
- PhD and Postdoc in Computational Chemistry or a related discipline with a demonstrated track record in Modeling, Computer Aided Drug Design (CADD) is required
- Expertise in structure- and ligand-based drug design is essential
- At least 3 years of experience in Molecular Modeling in pharmaceutical industry or equivalent
- Knowledge of different drug target families including GPCRs, proteases, kinases etc.
- Profound scientific knowledge and experience in:
- protein crystal structure analysis
- virtual screening
- ligand-protein interactions, protein-protein interactions
- small molecule conformations
- protein homology modeling
- Machine Learning
- Comfortable under Linux command-line environment
- Experience with a workflow tool (e.g. KNIME, Pipeline Pilot) and a programming or scripting language (e.g. python or similar) is a plus
- Good organizational skills: dealing with multiple projects, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Profound communication skills in English as well as experience in dealing with multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- An enthusiastic, self-motivating and committed approach to delivering high quality results in a demanding environment is essential
What Idorsia offers
- Exciting opportunities for development and professional growth within our dynamic organization
- A collaborative and solution oriented enviroment where you can make a difference
- An innovative and open culture in a truly multicultural environment
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits
Work Location: Allschwil
Business Area: Drug Discovery Chemistry
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 3808
At Idorsia, we harness the power of difference, authenticity, and inclusion to achieve business success.
We encourage all potential candidates with diverse backgrounds of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, and disability to submit their job applications. All applicants will receive consideration.
We are committed to fostering respect, fairness, and equal opportunities for all job applicants and our employees.
Please be informed that if you are selected for this position, your employment will be subject to a pre-employment background screening process, of which you would be informed in greater detail in due course.
Please note Idorsia operates a strictly controlled list of preferred recruitment partners. For those partners who have no valid, signed Master Service Agreement in place with Idorsia, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or any other candidate details submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals (including any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, or related companies) are considered the property of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals and are not subject to payment of any form of introduction, placement or referral fees.