On behalf of our client, an international company within FMCG, Swisslinx is looking for a Analytical Chemistry Lab Manager to join their team in Switzerland to lead and oversee the analytical chemistry laboratory operations for the spirits manufacturing company. The role will encompass the development and standardization of company's analytical methods, testing, and providing technical support for various aspects of operations, including distillation, maturation, and product development.
Analytical Method Development:
- Lead the development, standardization and validation of analytical methods for the analysis of spirits, including distillation and maturation processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create and refine methods for the analysis of raw materials and finished products to meet quality and safety standards.
Testing and Quality Control:
- Oversee all laboratory testing activities, ensuring compliance with industry regulations, internal standards, and global quality benchmarks.
- Implement and maintain rigorous quality control processes to ensure product consistency and adherence to specifications.
- Provide technical support to various departments, including production, R&D, and quality assurance, by interpreting and communicating analytical data and results.
- Troubleshoot analytical issues and contribute to problem-solving efforts related to production and quality challenges.
Instrumentation and Equipment Management:
- Manage and maintain state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation and laboratory equipment.
- Coordinate instrument calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting, and ensure adequate supplies of reagents and consumables.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Analyze, interpret, and report analytical results, highlighting trends, anomalies, and potential areas for improvement.
- Generate comprehensive reports for management and regulatory compliance.
- Stay up-to-date with global regulations and standards relevant to the spirits and beverage industry.
- Ensure that laboratory practices and procedures comply with all relevant legal and safety requirements.
- A Ph.D. or Master's degree in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, or a related field.
- Minimum 7-8 years of experience in analytical chemistry in the spirits or beverage industry or in related industries.
- Proven experience in analytical method development, validation, and instrumentation.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex analytical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of global regulations and standards related to the spirits and beverage industry.
- Proficiency with analytical software and data analysis tools.
For further information or if you wish to apply, please contact Alina Peeva - Senior Recruiter: firstname.lastname@example.org or press "Apply Now" below:
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA