Rothschild & Co
Rothschild & Co is one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups. We offer a distinct perspective that makes a meaningful difference to our clients’ business and wealth.
With a team of 3,800 talented financial services specialists on the ground in 40 countries across the world, we provide independent advice on M&A, strategy and financing, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments. As a family-controlled business that has been at the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years, we can rely on an unrivalled network of specialists and are known for our track-record of outstanding execution in financial services.
Rothschild & Co Wealth Management
For over 200 years, Rothschild’s freedom to offer objective advice and our commitment to personal service have combined to shape and grow our private clients’ wealth, building value for generations. Our dynamic growth and ambitious targets in relation to quality, innovation and reliability have created a need for the above mentioned role.
Overview of Role
We are seeking for a proactive Senior investment professional with a proven experience in cross-asset Investment Advisory or Portfolio Management coupled with regular client interactions to strengthen the central Advisory team.
This is a full-time position in the Investment & Portfolio Advisory team of the Wealth Management division, based in Geneva, with a degree of flexibility regarding home / work arrangements.
Our Investment & Portfolio Advisory services are designed for investors who wants to retain control of investment decisions with the support of dedicated investment specialists, in a multi-asset class context. From thematic investments and sector reviews to single line equities, bonds and structured products, the team provides regular investment advice in-line with our top-down investment strategy. The successful candidate will join a dynamic, international team in a reputable organization and will be responsible for servicing Client Advisers and collaborating with the rest of the Investments team.
At Rothschild & Co we aspire to create a balanced, diverse, inclusive and supportive environment which enables all colleagues to achieve their personal and professional aspirations and to provide long-term opportunities for growth. Our culture is inclusive and collegiate, by which we mean that we foster a sense of teamwork, respect and partnership in everything we do. We support various personal development initiatives through our internal networks and also membership of external networking organisations and forums to connect our professionals and promote inclusivity across the firm.
- Proactively generate investment ideas across asset classes including delivery to Client Advisers
- Originate, develop, write and present investment ideas to Client Advisers and clients
- Contribute actively in investment meetings
- Interact with the specialists in the research department in order to derive investment ideas
- Oversee and manage advisory client relationships together with Client Advisers
- Support Client Advisers to increase advisory penetration within the Bank and in all aspects related to days to days investment advisory
- Participate in client meetings in-house and outside the Bank with Client Advisers
- Coordinate and prepare regular portfolio reviews and bespoke portfolio proposals
- Limited travel expected
Education and Qualifications
- University degree in Finance, Macroeconomics or Business Administration
- Further related education (CFA, AZEK) is desired
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- >5 years of relevant job experience in advisory, portfolio management or research in a multi-asset context
- Proactive investment professional with an affinity to multi-asset investment management and client interaction
- Entrepreneurship to generate ideas and develop the advisory offering
- Strong interest in financial markets and investments
- Very good understanding of all asset classes and financial instruments
- Full IT independence. Literacy in Excel, PowerPoint and Bloomberg a must
- Strong communication skills and ability to adapt her/his communication style to different levels of sophistication
- Fluent in English and French. Any other languages are an asset
- Strong written skills in English regarding macroeconomics, financial markets and investment ideas
- Responsible, ethical, and able to represent the Rothschild & Co branding
- Team player with outgoing personality and can-do attitude
- Capable of working under pressure and efficiently prioritizing tasks
If you are curious to learn more about us and have valuable experiences in a similar role, then please submit your CV and Cover Letter through our recruitment tool.