Pneu Egger has been for years the leading company in Swiss tire sales and is represented throughout Switzerland with over 40 branches.
The foundation for this success story was laid in 1949 by Hans Egger, a pioneer in his industry. At a time when few people could even afford their own car, he opened the Egger and Co. tire specialist in St. Gallen.
Hans Egger was driven by a spirit of innovation and customer orientation. In 1962 he opened his first branch in Aarau – and at the same time the first Swiss recapping plant. That same year, Hans Hartmann joined the company. Between 1962 and 1998 he opened no fewer than 28 additional branches, first as managing director and later as owner. His son Gregor Hartmann took over operational management in 1998 and has kept the company expanding in the best tradition.