Varian Medical Systems Inc. is the world’s largest manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, and brachytherapy and employs more than 6500 people around the world.
Varian Medical Systems offers the following opportunity
Applications Support Specialist
Are you a professional Radiation Therapy Technologists (RTT) and passionate to share your knowledge with others? Are you interested to work in a multi-cultural environment? Then this position is exactly what you are looking for. You will train customers in the use of VMS products, to ensure customers’ staff can operate their equipment in the most efficient manner and with the highest level of safety and satisfaction at all times.
- Customize training programs to train customers in the use of specific parts both hardware and software applications for their VMS products, to ensure customers can operate the equipment according to their specific requirements with the highest level of satisfaction and in line with technical and safety guidelines
- Counsel customers in adapting their work procedures and propose road maps of new work processes following the installation of new VMS products, in order to ensure customers can operate their VMS equipment with the highest level of efficiency according to country safety regulations
- Deliver on-site training to customers on specific parts of VMS products, systems upgrades and developments, to ensure customers can operate their VMS equipment with the highest level of efficiency according to technical and safety guidelines
- Input detailed records of training activities into company information systems, including customer technical questions, installation and systems integration issues, to ensure accurate updated customer information is available to other VMS parties
- Collect technical information on VMS products’ operating characteristics, design factors, technical and systems performance and developments, in order to permanently maintain up-to-date training materials
- May provide help desk support and services to customers, to ensure customer questions, issues and problems are addressed in a timely manner and that they can operate their VMS equipment with the highest level of efficiency according to technical and safety guidelines
- Degree/diploma as a professional radiographer or related fields or equivalent practical experience OR Degree / diploma in medical physics / biomedical engineering
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in the radio-oncology field with radiotherapy equipment of various kinds
- Good knowledge of and professional technical experience with microcomputers / PC based systems
- Good knowledge of processes and methods in using VMS product such as Radiotherapy clinical workflow and product security and safe use
- Expert knowledge in radiation specifics applicable to medical applications
- Knowledge of Clinical QA process flow in a radiation oncology department.
- Good knowledge of VMS equipment operating and handling procedures as well as applications configuration
- Willing to travel extensively
You are a mature, tactful personality with a sound understanding of adult education and learning methodologies. Clear verbal and written manners of expression are your outstanding attributes. As an intercultural competent person, you also appreciate an international working environment and contact with partners in Europe and overseas.
You’re just one click away from the most impactful work you’ll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to help save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did. We look forward to your German or English application
Varian Medical Systems
Mrs Gabriela Döös
T: 056 203 04 04