Bank J. Safra Sarasin Ltd is a leading sustainable private bank, offering all the advantages of the Swiss banking environment together with dynamic and personalised advisory services focusing on opportunities in international financial markets. The Bank provides a high level of services and expertise when acting as investor advisor and asset manager for private and institutional clients. Financial strength, excellent client services and outstanding quality are therefore key elements of its corporate philosophy.J. Safra Sarasin's most valuable capital is its employees. They are essential to the success of the organisation, now and in the future. Their technical expertise, professional qualifications and social skills are highly valued by the Group's clients, management and business partners. The success of J. Safra Sarasin depends on the enthusiasm and commitment of every one of its employees worldwide.DivisionTrading, Treasury & Asset ManagementBusiness UnitResearch & SustainabilityFunction/PositionEmerging Market EconomistLocationZurichFunction/Position objectivesContribute to investment process with analytical work and top down views on major EM economies and their currencies. Publish analytical notes and contribute to internal and external research publications and presentations. Work very closely with the bottom up EM credit analysts.Responsibilities
* The Emerging Market Economist will work closely together with both the developed markets economists as well the EM credit analysts in order to ensure a seamless integration of top-down and bottom-up views along the investment process.
* Analyze and forecast economic developments of EM countries with a regional focus according to experiences. Publish analytical client publications.
* Prepare and give presentations of BJSS House View and communicate macro strategy to internal and external clients; hold regular conference calls
* Development of forecast models and scorecards for EM spreads and FX-developments.
* At least a Master's university degree in economics, finance or other quantitative disciplin. Work experience in an international organization, central bank or research institute would be an advantage.
* At least 7 years of relevant working experience and strong familiarity with financial market developments in EM.
* Outstanding analytical thinking and data management skills.
* Excellent writing skills in English and very good communication and presentation skills. Understanding German or French would be a strong plus
* Strong prioritization and organization skills are essential. Relevant project management experience.
* Familiarity with working in a multicultural and diverse environment.
* Ability to work in a team.