Our client is seeking a global head of Compliance, who will establish an effective compliance risk management framework and provide specialized regulatory compliance support.
He or She will lead the global Compliance function providing strategic direction, focus and developing world wide compliance coverage plans.
* Managing all compliance matters across all entities globally
* Establishing and continuously improving a consistent compliance framework for identification, management, monitoring, reporting and resolving of Compliance risks and issues
* Ensuring that operations meet local, national and international laws and regulations, as well as laws and litigations governing business practices
* Establishing and maintaining constructive relationships with regulatory bodies and relevant institutions; owner of regulatory correspondences
* Participating in industry bodies to ensure alignment of Compliance approaches and exert proper influence
* Rolling out Compliance policies, organise compliance trainings and communications, and promoting a strong Compliance culture
* Liaising with risk management functions and Internal Audit on risk related issues and non-compliance problems with internal policies and rules
* Supervising, developing and coaching the compliance team
* Law degree with compliance qualifications (Highly advantageous)
* 15+ years' experience in Compliance or related disciplines, with prior experience in managing compliance matters and a team in an international environment relative to a commodity trading company (Compulsory)
* Strong understanding of current regulations affecting commodity trading companies (Compulsory)
* Excellent leadership, communication and coordination skills (Compulsory)
* Fluent in English (Compulsory)
* Acquainted to working in a global organization with global responsibilities - content and team (Compulsory)
* Comfortable in working in a matrix organization (Compulsory)
This role will be based in Geneva, Switzerland.