Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 230 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Oracle Developer with Unix
Oracle Database Developer with Unix Location: Zürich, Switzerland Type: Permanent role (no subcontracting) Start date: November 2017 Technology: Oracle 11g, UNIX Solaris, JCS (Job control system), Data modeling (ERD), DB2, UNIX AIX and xml Job Description:
- As an Oracle Developer at Cognizant you will act as a primary data base developer working on applications.
- You will also conduct requirement analysis, define the activities and modules to develop and lead execution.
- Your daily duties will also involve analyzing, troubleshooting, performance tuning and understanding existing database applications
- You will also collaborate with business analyst and other stakeholders to translate business needs into software requirements
- You will be managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- You will also design, prototype and iterate on innovative solution to meet user requirements
- You will provide support for deployments, defect fixing & support defects during IT, pre-opening and post implementation phases and co-ordination for Issue resolution & clarification.
Required skills and experience for the job:
- In-depth Oracle Knowledge and experience in data analysis
- In-depth knowledge with database technologies such as SQL, PL/SQL, ETL, data transformation, data loading, data mining.
- Experience in building and maintaining database application.
- Analyze and understand existing database applications and their use with the business processes
- Extensive experience in Oracle PLSQL development and good hands on experience in performance tuning, indexing, table Partitioning, trigger and writing complex PL/SQL procedures and blocks.
- Experience in coding Unix Shell to manipulate data on databases like oracle
- Experience in working in restrictive professional environment
- Experience in SVN for version control and any Job Scheduler
- Knowledge of all the stages of the Software development life Cycle - Requirement Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and Build Release.
- Understand user needs and technical requirements in order to conduct data analysis
- Understand physical, logical and business models, derived data, ERD
If you have the following skills it could be an advantage:
- Experience with job scheduling software JCS or AutoSys.
- Experience with Oracle DBaas
- Experience with Linux
- Software versioning control systems and application monitoring software like GitHub and SVN
- Ticketing software like Service Now
- Banking domain experience or knowledge
Our typical recruitment process involves 3-4 phone/video interviews (technical and business related topics) and 2 face to face interviews in Zürich- we reimburse the cost of your travel. This process can be flexible based on the project needs. Please visit our career site to find out more about our colleagues, benefits at Cognizant Switzerland: http://cognizantcareers.eu/ch_en You can send your application directly to Rania.Tissegouine@cognizant.com or apply on the career site. We only consider applicants who are eligible to work in Switzerland. We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this role.