Head CI Underwriting Strategy & Operations
In this position you will be responsible for supporting the Commercial Insurance CUO in defining the Commercial Insurance Underwriting Strategy and execution of the plan to meet the underwriting objectives.
As the Head of CI Underwriting Strategy and Operations your main responsibilities will involve:
Your Skills and Experience As Head of CI Underwriting Strategy and Operations your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Produce results and achieve profits, either directly or by providing support by developing, implementing and monitoring business / operational plans
- Responsible for mapping out all UW initiatives
- Responsible for the communications plans of CI Underwriting in coordination with Group Communication
- Optimize allocation of resources and launch common products, projects and investments
- Identify opportunities and risks associated with changes in direction of external environment, looking forward 5+ years
- Facilitate innovation initiatives across Underwriting discipline
- Determine which emerging issues (internal and external) are relevant to the organization's current and future needs and ensure strategies, programs, processes incorporate these
- Ensure that appropriate documentation, implementation and communication of established policy, procedures and operating standards is completed for area of responsibility
- Participate in or lead risk assessment for the area of responsibility and escalate potential issues to higher management. Participating in or leading risk assessment for the area of responsibility and escalating potential issues to higher management
Additional Information Primary work location is Zurich.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent)
- 8-10 or more years of Underwriting experience
- Strong influencing skills
- Communicative, multitask capabilities and driving performance
- Analytic and strategic thinker
- Project management experience
- Team Player
- Strong ability to collaborate across functions
- Change management competence
- Fluent in English
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Patrick Weymann is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button "Apply online". You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site. Zurich Virtual Tour Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in the Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 54,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit. At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Information for recruitment agencies Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.