Business Functional Audit Lead - "2nd Line of Defense" 80-100%
As Business Functional Audit Lead (BFAL) you provide high quality, independent and objective assurance reporting for the Group functions Legal & Compliance, Risk Management and HR. You interact with Boards and Management Committees as appropriate and assigned, to ensure prompt remediation of governance, risk and control issues.
As a Business Functional Audit Lead your main responsibilities will involve:
Your Skills and Experience As a Business Functional Audit Lead your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Develop and be accountable for a comprehensive audit strategy and plan for allotted area and covering the risks of the Group functions Legal & Compliance, Risk Management and HR
- Provide and be accountable for reliable assurance quality and opinion within the Group Functions with direct involvement in more complex audits
- Take responsibility for influencing the Group Functions leaders in the prompt remediation of governance, risk and control issues that are outside acceptable norms
- Instruct a team of Portfolio Managers in the planning and execution of all assigned audits
- Provide independent and objective assurance that risks in assigned role are effectively controlled; provide appropriate assurance to relevant Audit Committees and Risk Control Committees as assigned to
- Carry out special projects/investigations such as high level management reviews, regulatory investigations and other special, often sensitive, assignments at the request of Boards and Audit Committees
- Co-ordinate audit work by external parties, including external auditors and regulators, as required
- Strengthen knowledge of current events and changes in the industry and analyze the impact of those changes on the business
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives of Group Audit by identifying areas of improvement in audit process, standards, etc.
- Drive development of the Group Audit global team by sharing personal experience, professional skills, and technical knowledge with team members
Change your job, not your employer At Zurich we highly value the experience and know-how of our employees. We support your need for change and offer a wide range of opportunities across all business areas. For more information, please view the Fair Play Policy . Additional Information Your primary work location will be Zurich, yet this role will require global travel. If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then we are looking forward to receiving your application. Recruiting Consultant: Daniela Toth Hiring Manager: Martin Studer You can find additional information about the candidate journey on our HR Portal.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent)
- Chartered Accountant, CIA, CISA, CPA or equivalent
- 10 or more years of strong internal audit experience conducting and performing audits
- Insurance experience preferred
- Significant knowledge of Risk Management, Legal and Compliance preferred
- International mindset and experience
- Experience to manage executive stakeholders, committees and boards
- A clear understanding of the IIA Standards, the methodology required to deliver excellent audit outcomes and the skills and competencies required in a team to be able to deliver quality, impactful and insightful audit reports
- Excellence in written and spoken English