As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The avant-garde InterContinental Genève embodies the refreshing, elevated perspective on luxury art de vivre in the world's City of Peace.
Your day to day
Join us as our new Financial Accountant M/F:
Your main duties will be to:
- Support and assist in the performance of month-end closing. Prepare reports, verify Trial Balance and run Financial Statement for management review.
- Input General Ledger entries and journal vouchers as required. Ensures daily transactions are posted and updated in a timely manner.
- Perform or assist in performing balance sheet reconciliations and bank reconciliations.
- May review and verify accounts payable input and output, accounts receivable posting and billing, and maintain the daily income report, ensuring all necessary schedules are completed in a timely manner and general cashier.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests: to resolve billing disputes and answer questions; to provide service to accounts.
- Regulatory agencies: to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and contractual agreements as needed; to coordinate external audits.
- Participate in inventories and verification of extensions on a monthly basis.
- May perform additional accounting functions such as reconciling gratuities for payroll, maintaining contract logs, auditing or approving payments to vendors or agencies, reviewing the work of Income Auditors, etc.
What we need from you
With a Higher Degree in Hospitality Management or Finance, Accounting & Business Administration, you have minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position in a hotel establishment of the same category (international luxury hotel) and capacity (+200 rooms).
You are fluent in English, French and German, at a C1 level minimum.
Excellent computer skills (especially Excel) and knowledge of Abacus, Opera and Simphony are required.
You are a rigorous, well-organized and result-oriented person. You are acknowledged for your analytical skills and synthesis capability as well as for your ability to coordinate and support your team.
This position is opened to Swiss citizens or EU passport holders.
What we offer
We'll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits - including a great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you'll become part of the global IHG family - and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together - we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve. Visit http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us and apply or send us your application at email@example.com.