Primary Location: Zurich
An innovative life insurance for corporate customers, elipsLife offers group life and health insurance solutions in the B2B environment. We are a wholly owned subsidiary in the Swiss Re Group doing business in various European markets. To execute on our clearly envisioned growth strategy, we are looking for a dynamic and motivated colleague to join our Zurich based team in the role of
HR & IT Expense Controller
The successful candidate would be part of the Financial Planning and Analytics team in elipsLife.
- Performing the role of finance business partner to HR and IT establishing a process for explanation of variance on plan vs actual to Head HR and IT, establishing IT project reporting, reporting on strategic initiatives, etc.
- Providing business insights on accounting related matters and liaise within the finance department to solve.
- Planning: Prepare and load the starting point for personnel costs plan to the planning tool. Support personnel cost planning by country controllers and cost centre owners. Co-ordinate the completion of the IT expense plan including determination of OPEX/CAPEX split. Establish a process for determination of the run/build rate to support the ratios in the plan. Assist the Head Cost Controlling / Head of FP&A in the planning process including build and testing of any plan system build/enhancements.
- Close: Ensure that the personnel costs are booked in an accurate and timely manner for all countries and cost centres. Working with IT project managers to gather data on internal/external efforts for quarterly reporting. Gather accruals and projection data quarterly.
- Reporting: Provide timely reporting on variances on plan and actuals to country controllers and cost center owners with accurate analysis and explanations on movements in personnel costs. Provide input on variance on group reporting by group cost centre. On the IT side, develop reporting that improves the impact, and understanding of financial reporting on IT investment and operational performance, in particular to include the run rate on all IT related costs. Provide timely reports to IT management to support their decision making on potential future projects. Provide accurate and timely submission of IT cost data to the overall elipsLife cost controlling department for Monthly/Quarter close and Plan.
- Ad hoc: Lead development and continuous enhancement of our HR and IT reporting systems. Assist Head Cost Controlling and/or Head FP&A on any other ad hoc projects.
We are looking for a highly qualified person with the following background:
- Bachelor (with specialisation in Finance/Accounting/Controlling)
- In-depth understanding and experience in HR/IT Controlling and planning in an international environment as well as payroll accounting
- Experience in setup of HR/IT controlling systems, processes and databases
- Independent and self-driven with a high level of accuracy and responsibility
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, experience in interacting an actively participating in meeting with business leaders
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Resilience and willingness to go “the extra mile” in hectic times
- “Results and impact oriented” and ability to operate “hands-on”
- Open and willing to learn new things
Any other demonstrable, transferable skills and/or experience will be considered.
Be part of the unique success story of elipsLife! You can expect an exciting and challenging job within a highly motivated team with attractive employment conditions and flexible working hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Are you interested in this opportunity? Then do not hesitate and apply with just a few clicks via our career page www.elipslife.com/career.
To all recruitment agencies: elipsLife is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
Human Resources Recruiting Services
Print job advertisement