About Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Idorsia Ltd is reaching out for more - We have more ideas, we see more opportunities and we want to help more patients.
In order to achieve this, we will develop Idorsia into one of Europe's leading biopharmaceutical companies, with a strong scientific core.
Headquartered in Switzerland - a European biotech hub - Idorsia is specialized in the discovery and development of small molecules, to transform the horizon of therapeutic options. Idorsia has a broad portfolio of innovative drugs in the pipeline, an experienced team, a fully-functional research center, and a strong balance sheet - the ideal constellation to bringing R&D efforts to business success.
Idorsia was listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker symbol: IDIA) in June 2017 and has over 800 highly qualified specialists dedicated to realizing our ambitious targets.
- The Medical Affairs systems team is one of two teams within the Commercial and Medical Affairs Systems organization. Its main purpose is partnering with the Global Medical Affairs and the EU/Canada Medical Affairs functions within the business organization to drive the digitalization of the corresponding business areas worldwide. The business processes and related technologies that are within this function scope include:
- Multi-channel CRM (Closed Loop Medical, compliant emails, online meetings, webinars, portal)
- Scientific and Medical Content Management
- End to end Medical Information Management
- KOL Profiling & management
- Medical Insights management
- Events Management
- Territory Management
- Value demonstration of Medical Affairs through quantitative & qualitative KPIs
- Build, maintain and operate around the clock reliably and cost-effectively the corresponding information systems.
- Support strategic planning, design, development and rollout of the information systems and related processes in full alignment with global, and adapt those systems to local/regional market and regulatory specificities
- Advise business leaders on the implications of IT-enabled change and work with them to mitigate business risk and deliver a positive user experience
- Develop strategic relationships across Medical Affairs teams and seek to proactively identify ways for Global Information Services to contribute to achieving and exceeding business objectives and drive the delivery of innovative business solutions to our Scientific Share of Voice (SSoV)
- Own the demand management process across Medical Affairs and develop deep understanding of business strategy, future direction, changes and needs, lead key engagement initiatives to understand demand - utilize this information to maintain overall commercial systems roadmap
- Proactively identify opportunities for IT to deliver innovative solutions to customer issues/challenges and situations where leading edge technological innovations can be deployed to business advantage
- Lead the creation of business cases to determine the impacts of IT solutions and/or changes on business areas and roles - business cases should include a high level understanding of the need, assumptions, solution options, commercial options, alternatives, benefits (tangible and intangible) and a strong understanding of the business requirements
- Lead on undertaking Business Analysis and requirements gathering (on case by case basis)
- Lead on ensuring that benefits realization activities are undertaken post implementation and as such are consistent with project deliverables and clearly understood by stakeholders and project team
- Monitor and ensure compliance with national and international regulations, such as, but not limited to, GxP, GDPR, SOX, DSCSA for products traceability
- Leading a staff of up to 5 internal HCs within 4 years plus external staff, including functional guidance of corresponding regional staff
- With increasing importance of digital technology in the commercialization of medicines, this function must stay at the forefront of the latest innovation in a rapidly evolving Medical Affairs environment
- This function requires in-depth technical competencies in Medical Affairs systems with equally advanced knowledge of the Medical Affairs business processes
- In this function the person needs to capture and translate business requirements into technical solutions, shielding the users from the technical complexity
- The complexity is also driven by varying needs of the different markets in the practices of approaching HCP and patients
- Another driver of complexity is the necessity of having excellent communication skills while also being skilled in operational management and negotiating with colleagues across the business in global and market based teams
- In addition, complexity is driven through the necessity to ensure that the Medical technology ecosystem serves to enable successful delivery of our overall launch strategy
Reach and global scope:
- This function interacts with Medical Affairs teams and senior management worldwide, and corresponding regional functions, including affiliates management
- This function has also an extensive interaction with strategic vendors, partners and external and internal auditors
- Master degree in business/IT or equivalent industry experience
- 10 or more years of professional experience in the area of Commercial, Medical Affairs and Marketing with minimum 5 years in the pharmaceuticals industry
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT management including budgeting, people management, project management and technical development
- Technical skills:
- Strong knowledge of Medical Affairs business processes in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Strong knowledge of CRM tools and practices
- Strong knowledge of Digital engagement tools
- Advanced knowledge of Customer Master Data management and related regulations in the various markets
- Knowledge of Computer System Validation and regulatory requirements in the pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Strong Program and Project Management skills
- Broad understanding of overall Information Technology
- Leadership skills:
- Strategic thinking and program management capabilities to deliver value to the Medical Affairs business units through effective and innovative use of technology for both internal (e.g. commercial, medical and marketing) business partners and with external (e.g. CSOs, healthcare professionals, patients) stakeholders and organizations
- Analytical and communication abilities to create and align the right Commercial vision, strategy and plans with the business objectives
- Ability to deliver IT services with effective project management and mastery of computer systems validation
- Experienced in managing IT services ensuring availability/stability, effective problems resolution and outstanding user experience
- Lean thinking capable to drive process simplicity throughout the organization by leveraging technology solutions
- Relationship and people management skills:
- Ability to network and leverage strong internal and external resources and expertise to understand business challenges and opportunities and deliver relevant IT solutions
- Demonstrate strong stakeholder's management skills, including interaction with the global and local Sales and Marketing senior management
- Strong team leadership and people management skills with evidence of creating high performing teams and delivering operational excellence
- Experienced in leading cross-functional and multicultural team in a global environment
What Idorsia offers:
- Exciting opportunities for development and professional growth within our dynamic organization
- A collaborative and solution-oriented environment where you can make a difference
- An innovative and open culture in a truly multicultural environment
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits
Work Location: Allschwil
Business Area: Global Information Services - Business & Corporate Systems
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 2519
If you are interested, please click on apply now.
Please be informed that if you are selected for this position, your employment will be subject to a pre-employment background screening process, of which you will be informed in greater detail in due course.
Idorsia operates a strictly controlled list of preferred recruitment partners. For those partners who have no valid, signed Master Service Agreement in place with Idorsia, please note that all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or any other candidate details submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals (including any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or related companies) are considered the property of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals and are not subject to payment of any form of introduction, placement or referral fees.