Rothschild & Co.
Rothschild & Co is one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups. We offer a distinct perspective that makes a meaningful difference to our clients’ business and wealth.
With a team of 3,800 talented financial services specialists on the ground in 40 countries across the world, we provide independent advice on M&A, strategy and financing, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments. As a family-controlled business that has been at the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years, we can rely on an unrivalled network of specialists and are known for our track-record of outstanding execution in financial services.
Rothschild & Co Wealth Management
For over 200 years, Rothschild & Co’s freedom to offer objective advice and our commitment to personal service have combined to shape and grow our private clients’ wealth, building value for generations. Our dynamic growth and ambitious targets in relation to quality, innovation and reliability have created a need for the above mentioned role.
Overview of Role
The successful candidate will have a varied and hands-on role working with the Business to understand their requirements and translate them into IT solutions using the Avaloq platform. As a member of a smaller team, it is important the candidate shows flexibility, proactivity and responsibility.
- Business Interaction - Working directly with the business to understand their business processes and find ways to improve these through smart and practical Avaloq parameterization solutions
- Requirements Analysis - Bring a structured and methodical approach to analyzing and visualizing complex Business requirements, mapping these to possible extensions to the Avaloq framework and translating these into clear and precise requirements documentation
- Project Delivery – Define, implement technical solutions either directly, through interaction with IT colleagues from different areas or external consultants
- Parameterization – Convert Specifications into Avaloq functionality through the wide range of parameterization options to meet the Business needs. In particular:
–Enhance Workflows, Context Actions, Order Validations and Static Data
–Setup of rules for the different kinds of rule engines
–Write/Enhance dedicated business reports
–Configure the messaging framework to connect to surround systems
–Applications Support - Support Business users to ensure they make best use of their systems and that a continual knowledge transfer is achieved
- Testing - Manage testing and release of new IT services, with a strong comprehensive approach for covering multiple use cases and business scenarios
- Problem Management - Assist in continual improvement of systems through careful analysis of issues and their causes
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Minimum of 3-4 years of recent hands-on Parameterization experience
- Excellent understanding of the Avaloq core system, the underlying concepts and the interactivity between modules. Extensive expertise in various Avaloq modules, able and willing to branch out also in yet untouched modules
- Specific knowledge in the intercompany related areas of Accounting, Fee, Interfaces
- Certified Avaloq Professional
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Top-down working approach with good sense for granularity. Talented in analysis and solution design
- Comprehensive failure analysis and debugging experience, familiar with Avaloq/Oracle error handling
- Solid understanding of relational databases (Oracle) and the use of it in a banking environment
- Ability to understand the business processes and commercial concepts and to interact with the business at a peer level
- Ability to write proposals and technical documents and to make presentation to diverse types of audiences
- Involvement in Testing and Business Continuity Management
- Ability to solve problems independently, quickly and completely and to communicate them clearly to management
- Flexible individual willing to get involved where required and keen to face new challenges
- Strong Service Delivery orientation with real attention to quality and excellence
If you are curious to learn more about us and have valuable experiences in a similar role, then please submit your CV and Cover Letter through our recruitment tool.