Quantitave Financial Crime Analyst, temporary
Do you want to contribute to a project of firm-wide significance? We're looking for someone who is ready to support the bank-wide UBS AML data analytics program with particular focus on transaction monitoring for the Investment Banking (IB):
– Support IB Phase 2 transaction monitoring
– Run the end-to-end process at an operational level (data controls and updates, reporting), data checking and consolidation, documenting and keeping evidence.
– Ensure timely delivery of data and coordination of related activities.
– Continuous improvement of the monitoring solution: data accuracy, timeliness, completeness and relevance, changes in the IB landscape which impact monitoring
– Transaction review and liaison with alerts handling team for process improvement and refinement of the data processing base on continuous feedback
– Engage with a global community of stakeholders in the Investment Banking, Monitoring & Surveillance, Payments, and Financial Crime units
– Development and maintenance of Tableau tool for reporting in collaboration with alerts handling team
You will be working in the Global Risk Assessments and Analytics team within global Financial Crime Prevention function. We work as a gatekeeper in preventing money laundering, terrorism financing, sanctions and corruption risks for the bank. Our role is to perform group level risk assessments, evaluate money laundering risks using data analytics, and carry out systematic data mining exercises on a client and transactional level.
Your experience and skills
– a Master degree (MS or MA) in: Economics, risk management, applied mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering or statistics
– proven experience with Tableau and results visualization techniques, especially in dashboard design and building
– an understanding of programming languages, in particular Python. Knowledge of other programming languages a plus
– experience in Financial Crime risk management, audit or compliance is a plus
– good record keeping and report drafting skills
– knowledge of statistics is a plus
– analytic, with the ability to provide practical solutions for minimizing risk
– able to explain technical concepts in simple terms to facilitate collaboration
– analyze a problem, take a view and propose solutions
– result-oriented and assertive (you don't shy away from challenging situations)
– a great communicator also in virtual teams
– fluent English skills (oral & written); Knowledge of other languages and cultures is an advantage
– known for having a strong attention to detail and strong research capability
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.