The Institute of Molecular and Clinical Ophthalmology Basel (IOB) is seeking for an Animal Welfare Officer (40-60%).
IOB is a research institute combining basic and clinical research. Its mission is to drive innovations in understanding vision and its diseases and develop new therapies for vision loss. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your abilities challenged, and your knowledge expanded.
- Central processing of animal experiment applications
- Supporting and advising researchers on the planning, execution of animal experiments, application process and reporting
- Tracking continuing education
- Monitoring compliance with legal requirements in laboratory animal husbandry and research
- On-site veterinary for animal husbandry
- Interface with the Cantonal Veterinary Office of Basel-Stadt and the Cantonal Animal Experimentation Commission.
- Collaboration with the management of animal facilities
- Management of the veterinary pharmacy
- Licensed veterinarian
- Several years of research experience in the animal experimental field
- Complete training for persons involved in animal experiments (LTK Modul 1 or FELASA category B course)
- Complete training for persons directing animal experiments (LTK Modul 2 or FELASA category C course) is a plus
- Knowledge of Swiss animal welfare legislation related to experimental animals
- Proven track record as Animal Welfare Officer is a strong plus
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal skills required
- German and English fluent
- High level of responsibility and motivation
We offer you
- Highly competitive conditions in a dynamic and international research community in Basel
- IOB is an equal-opportunity employer with family-friendly work policies
Application / Contact
Interested candidates should submit their application online via IOB's job portal https://iob.ch/join-iob/open-positions
to the position: https://bit.ly/3vTS7m2
. Please include in minimum a personal statement and your Curriculum Vitae. Candidate selection will be done on an ongoing basis.
For further information, please visit our website www.iob.ch
or reply to the confirmation mail that you will receive after your application.