An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Digital Transformation
. He will be responsible for defining and implementing digital standards across all product lines in Bobst's Printing and Converting Business Unit, in order to enable the roll-out of the Group vision. This position will animate a group of technical experts coming from the various product lines, to ensure the standards and their execution are aligned with the needs of our business.
The successful candidate will be an experienced leader, with a strong technical background in software engineering in an industrial context, and a proven track record of leading important change initiatives. Main Responsibilities
Professional Experience & Personal Attributes
- Drive the deployment of Industry 4.0 initiatives
- Drive technology development and deployment across our product lines in fields such as robotics, workflow, artificial intelligence and the internet of things
- Define enabling standards like API's, data structure, communication protocols and software lifecycle management in tight collaboration with the Bobst IoT lab and Bobst Connect team, and assist product lines with their deployment
- Define and drive deployment of software architecture and HMI standards with the product line automation engineering teams and the business unit standards team
- Build and manage a team of software development engineers to design, develop and test solutions like digital twins, advanced user interfaces or digital front ends
- Work with Bobst and third-party engineers to develop enabling technologies in the fields of sensors and actuation
- Act as the single point of contact for the business unit technical teams for Group digital initiatives
- Develop relationships with third parties (universities, start-ups, industrial partners, …) to deliver the vision.
- Master in computer science, information technology, mathematics or physics (PMP or SCRUM certifications a plus)
- Six Sigma Green Belt (Black Belt a plus)
- Excellent technical knowledge of software development standards, IoT and user experience design as applied to software.
- Experience in machine automation systems a plus
- Minimum of 10 years B2B industry experience, preferably in industrial machinery
- Fluent English, other languages a plus.
Do you see yourself as an experienced leader with a broad and well-rounded set of skills, a high level of energy and enthusiasm, flexibility and organizational savvy to lead teams of experts, drive transformation initiatives across cultures and borders in a matrix organization, and thrive in a time-boxed R&D environment? If so, we would be pleased to receive your application.
BOBST is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and services to packaging and label manufacturers in the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible materials industries. We are present in over 50 countries. With more than 125 years of success in the markets, BOBST is always at the forefront of new technology developments to best respond to its clients' needs. Our leading position is due in particular to our capacity for innovation, the quality of our products and services, our values and the quality of our highly qualified staff.
The production site of Mex, near Lausanne in Switzerland, is also the headquarters of the Bobst Group. It is the most important site, employing approx. 1500 passionate people.
It also trains each year roughly 200 apprentices. The site offers an idyllic work environment. In the countryside and close to major highways, it is also well served by public transport. It offers many amenities, such as a corporate restaurant, sports fields, a fitness and a nursery. The facilities have been recently renovated and represent a model for sustainable development.