Emerald Technology Ventures is a globally recognized venture capital firm building a sustainable future at the crossroads of industry and technology. The firm is dedicated to tackling big challenges in climate change and sustainability. Emerald has managed and advised assets of over €1 billion from its offices in Zurich, Toronto and Singapore. The international and diverse team is doing business in a dynamic, deal driven part of the financial industry. Thus, the team members are highly committed, result-oriented and work interactively in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Finance / M&A-Specialist with an entrepreneurial mindset to join the team in Zurich.
Your responsibilities include:
Support deal teams on due diligence and investment assessment, particularly taking responsibility for:
- Business model
- Cost structure
- Capital needs
Proactively support the portfolio companies in the following areas:
- Budgeting process
- Business plan with particular focus on financial projections
- Risk management and compliance
- Financing (equity and debt)
- Exit strategy development and implementation
Providing specialist know-how in the following areas:
- IPO: North American and European markets, requirements, activity, advisors
- M&A: markets, activities, contact to bankers and corporate M&A teams
- Reporting best practices
Required skills and qualifications:
- Strong academic qualifications in finance
- 3-5 years of corporate M&A experience, preferably in an industrial sector, IPO experience is a plus
- Outstanding analytical skills with a deep understanding of business assumptions that drive the financials are essential
- You are hands-on and have a “can do”-attitude which enables you to find convincing solutions to challenges
- As a self-starter, who takes initiative and ownership, is reliable and service-minded you seek to make an impact
- Very collaborative and team oriented
- You communicate openly and professionally with all stakeholders
- Proficiency in Excel and fluency in English are mandatory, German would be a strong plus
For a dedicated business professional with strong social skills, this position offers a broad variety of areas of responsibility. You easily integrate yourself into an international and specialized team and are interested to enter into a long-term commitment.
Emerald is committed to being a diverse and inclusive company. We consider diversity and inclusion critical to our long-term success. All qualified applicants will be considered equally without regard to their gender, age, culture, nationality, ethnicity, physical abilities, political and religious beliefs, sexual orientation and other attributes.
If you are attracted by this challenge, please send your application including motivation letter and CV in English with photo and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact Sabine Byland at EMA Partners Switzerland AG.