About Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Idorsia Ltd is reaching out for more - We have more ideas, we see more opportunities and we want to help more patients.
In order to achieve this, we will develop Idorsia into one of Europes leading biopharmaceutical company, with a strong scientific core.
Headquartered in Switzerland - a European biotech hub - Idorsia is specialized in the discovery and development of small molecules, to transform the horizon of therapeutic options. Idorsia has a broad portfolio of innovative drugs in the pipeline, an experienced team, a fully-functional research center, and a strong balance sheet the ideal constellation to bringing R&D efforts to business success.
Idorsia was listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker symbol: IDIA) in June 2017 and has over 600 highly qualified specialists dedicated to realizing our ambitious targets.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Scientific Associate for the Proteomics and Metabolomics Laboratory within Idorsias Translational Biomarker Group (TBG). The TBG supports Idorsias drug discovery and development projects across the pipeline by providing molecular data on drug and disease mechanisms that support clinical translation. The studies performed will include cellular and animal models, as well as clinical samples. The Proteomics and Metabolomics Laboratory is equipped with three state of the art mass spectrometers and provides high-quality data to project teams on both endogenous metabolites and proteins. The lab works in close collaboration with other labs in the TBG to obtain an integrated view of drug and disease mechanisms.
In this role, the Scientific Associate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Preparation of a variety of different biological matrix sample types for quantitative LCMS proteomic and metabolite experiments
- Development and implementation of new protein and metabolite analysis workflows, including both sample preparation and targeted MS methodology
- Bioanalytical study design, in collaboration with Scientists
- Operation and maintenance of triple quadrupole and Orbitrap LC-MS/MS systems
- Analysis of targeted quantitative LCMS datasets
- Proactive troubleshooting of experiments and instruments
- Keeping a detailed and meticulous electronic lab journal
- Actively contributing to the smooth running of the laboratory
- Presenting data in Translational Biomarker team meetings
- Bachelor or Master degree (University or Fachhochschule) in biochemistry, biotechnology, or appropriate related discipline
- At least 3 years relevant bioanalytical laboratory experience in proteomics and/or metabolomics, with a preference for candidates with an interest in both
- Knowledge and experience of protein chemistry and/ or metabolite extraction laboratory techniques including some of the following tryptic digest, immunoprecipitation, phosphopeptide extraction, SPE and LLE
- Well organized and proficient at running complex multi-step experiments with 100s of samples
- Understanding of experimental design and basic statistical knowledge
- Experience with the operation of triple quadrupole and/or Orbitrap mass spectrometers
- Experience with HPLC and/or nanoLC
- Experience with quantitative analysis of mass spectrometry experiments with dedicated software
- Experience with bioanalytical assay validation preferred
- Team player, at ease interacting in a multicultural environment
- Proficient in the English language. German and/or French would be an advantage
What Idorsia offers
- Exciting opportunities for development and professional growth within our dynamic organization
- A collaborative and solution-oriented environment where you can make a difference
- An innovative and open culture in a truly multicultural environment
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits
Business Area:Drug Discovery - BiologyTranslational Biomarkers
If you are interested, please click on apply now.
Please be informed that if you are selected for this position, your employment will be subject to a pre-employment background screening process, of which you would be informed in greater detail in due course.
Please note Idorsia operates a strictly-controlled list of preferred recruitment partners. For those partners who have no valid, signed Master Service Agreement in place with Idorsia all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or any other candidate details submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals (including any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or related companies) are considered the property of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals and are not subject to payment of any form of introduction, placement or referral fees.