Our client is a leading mid-market investor with a global focus based in the Canton of Zug. The company is known for its traditional values of entrepreneurship, professionalism, and reliability. These values enabled them to create regional and global leaders for over three decades. The company's culture can be best described as fast-paced, high-performing, inspiring, and connected. A hybrid work model is encouraged.
This role supports the General Counsel and the investment team during all phases of investment transactions, from inception to closing. You will interact with numerous stakeholders and play a vital role in the team by providing competent and diligent legal, regulatory, and compliance support.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Required Skills and Personal Qualifications
- Support the General Counsel throughout transaction processes, i.e., preparing and coordinating transactional papers while assisting in all phases of M&A.
- Assist with project management related to transactions, such as organizing signatures and post-closing matters.
- Interact with internal and external investment professionals, lawyers, bankers, accountants, investors, and clients.
- Coordinate the establishment of new entities and update data in the relevant commercial registers; support their corporate actions by planning and organizing board meetings, providing data, and maintaining structure charts and entity lists, both ad-hoc and periodically.
- Open bank accounts for new companies and conduct KYC requests.
- Liaise with Jersey and Luxembourg operations and act as the link to the Swiss team.
- Take responsibility for all standard submissions to financial regulators.
- Ensure legal records are organized and complete, so documents are easily accessible when needed.
- Help improve standard forms/precedents and processes.
You are confident and articulate, with an outstanding work ethic and a "get it done" attitude, and you combine a healthy level of ambition with a can-do, basics-first approach. Other requirements:
Our Client's Offer to You
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role, private equity, investment management, or venture capital would be beneficial.
- B.A. in business administration or paralegal certification; or equivalent work experience as a legal assistant.
- Experience with incorporation and administration of legal entities across various jurisdictions.
- Excellent language skills in English (C2) and German.
- Proficient user of MS-Office suite, including Sharepoint.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact and liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
- Exceptional attention to detail and thorough execution skills; highly organized to meet competing deadlines.
- Solution- and service-oriented personality; know when to raise issues and ask questions.
- Eager to learn and develop skillset; builds on successes; keen to take ownership and to be part of a dynamic team.
- Team player - assists others when needed and collaborates with the team to share best practices.
This is a very attractive opportunity at a compelling company for applicants who are interested in using and further developing their paralegal skills in a dynamic international environment. This position will enable you to build your skills more quickly than you could at other companies. Our client has also been recognized for their continuing commitment to attracting the best employees. The role offers a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits package. If this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you, please apply email@example.com
reference «Paralegal PE»
Barnickel & Fellows | Talstrasse 58 | 8001 Zürich | +41 44 243 86 68