Global Head of Product Management (Strategy & Customer Solution) with the additional responsibility
Who We Are
Doing now what patients need next. A pioneer in the development of blood glucose monitoringand insulin delivery systems, Roche Diabetes Care is committed to helping people with diabetes everywhere in the world think less about their daily diabetes routine, so they can get true relief, day and night. We offer a broad portfolio of solutions for both people with diabetes and their professionals - from blood glucose monitoring to information management to insulin delivery to continuous glucose monitoring. Our aim is to offer innovative products, services and comprehensive solutions for convenient, efficient and effective diabetes management.
We are strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to build teams thatrepresent a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Embracing diversity enables us to create a great place to work and to innovate for patients.
We aim to further shape and advance the way diabetes is treated by leveraging our integrated Personalized Diabetes Management approach (iPDM) - a holistic, patient-centric concept to diabetes management that includes connected devices, services, and digital solutions in an open ecosystem which will contribute to limiting the progression of the disease, and improving outcomes thus eventually promoting healthcare system sustainability. In order to do so, we are continuously refining our internal structures and processes to best serve evolving customer and market demand in a seamless and agile way. This enables us to deliver on our commitment to augment access to the most innovative iPDM solutions tailored to the needs of people with diabetes, their caregivers, and healthcare systems - today and in the future.
The role is splitted into 2 responsibilities: One is the functional responsibility for Global Product Management Diabetes Care. The second responsibility is the role as General Manager for the legal entity Roche Diabetes Care GmbH (Mannheim).
As General Manager for the Roche Diabetes Care GmbH in Mannheim you are responsible to ensure adherence and compliance with laws and regulations governing the activities of the RDC legal entity. You are representing the local Diabetes Care Business in several committees and Leadership Meetings. You are dealing with local legal topics as local key contact in close collaboration with the global functions and their leaders. You are owning all site relevant topics in the matrix organization eg site functions, SHE and Safety. You are ensuring the organization compliance with the Roche Group Principles, Values, Policies and Guidelines. You are driving site initiatives for the legal entity and foster the collaboration within Diabetes Care as well as cross legal entity collaboration. As General Manager and Leader you create an environment of strong team spirit, timely & effective communications, sense of urgency, high motivation and inspire the team to achieve goals in the immediate and longer term.
As Head Global Product Management Diabetes Care, you will play a key role in shaping and implementing relevant aspects of the iPDM Strategy and thereby contribute to the overall Diabetes Care Vision at Roche. The Product Management supervises the product management activities and processes for RDC's in-market product portfolio and is responsible for ensuring its commercial success across the different customer groups and technologies, in close collaboration with the Franchise Leads, Global Operations & Quality, Finance, Partnering, Legal and Global Commercial Organization. Furthermore the function contributes to the further evolution of the Roche Diabetes Care strategy and provides input to portfolio decisions based on the feedback received from customers / commercial affiliates.
Your key responsibilities as Head Global Product Management:
- You are part of the global SCS leadership team and play a crucial role in providing recommendations and input to the strategic direction to the development of new solutions and the management of our existing solutions portfolio for Glucose Monitoring, Insulin Delivery Systems and Digital Solutions
- Managing the global team of Product Managements by leading and driving all aspects ofpeople processes - organization, staffing, talent management, development and performance management to meet strategic and operational objectives
- You develop and communicate organizational strategies, which ensure the success in customer satisfaction and business contributions, continuous improvements and achievement of long term goals
- You are responsible for the management of the interface to the global commercial organization using the Product Network Lead functions in your team
- Accountability for your team that oversees product launches and product care activitiesfollowing the smooth handover from Solution Development, ensuring flawless operations and deployment of our in-market productscollaborate with other functional heads to ensure overall business/ commercial success interms of marketed products and ensure the effective delivery and support of the relevant products and servicessupport the delivery of our business strategy and ensure alignment with key internal andexternal stakeholders
- You are accountable and responsible for cost control & budget for the entire department
- You will build effective relationships with global, local and external stakeholders to ensuresuccess, with a special focus on proactive communication and enabling strategic related solutions
- You are an inspirational leader who can create a compelling vision where diverse disciplines can align; develop to pursue the organizations North Star
- You are leading Leaders in a manner that is consistent with the Roche Values and Operating Priciples, leadership capabilities within the Creative Leadership and the VACC (Visionary, Architect, Catalyst, Coach) framework and more broadly if required, to ensure individuals and teams are developing and growing in line with their passion and the needsof the Organization
- You act as a guardian for high standards of compliance, ethics and safety; putting patientsat the center of all actions by consistent business behavior that complies with applicable laws, industry codes and Roche's Code of Conduct
Who You Are
We are looking for a passionate and decisive business leader. You demonstrate energy, passion, courage, vision and the drive to be part of an organization at the forefront of the industry, delivering benefits for patients, our people, and our business. Moreover, you bring:
- Degree in Marketing or Science is required, MBA is preferred
- Significant (>10 years) international experience in the pharmaceutical and/ or Medical Diagnostics industry, ideally experience in multiple functions, global and local roles, including product management, sales management, and sales/medical representative experience
- Broader Experience along the value chain (Ops/Quality/Regulatory) desirable
- strong experience in Commercial and Market environment,
- Demonstrated success in understanding complex issues and has shown the ability to effectively translating them into business strategies
- Strong strategic and leadership ability for a multifunctional environment with proven capability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Experience in a global function, ideally in Product or Portfolio Management, managing the relationship with internal customers such as affiliates
- Track record of making and driving strategic commercial decisions
- Has made impactful presentations to senior management and the external environment
- Strong experience in people management and talent development in a multi-culturalenvironment, Leadership of cross-functional and large teams, and demonstrated teams of teams Leadership
- You are energetic to drive change and find solutions quickly and effectively, taking intoaccount the impact to other teams cross-functionally.
- You demonstrate the ability to build networks and you inspire agile working.
- Ability to think strategically, independently, creatively, and purposefully while managingmultiple global projects, skill sets, and respective deliverables
- Extended communication skills, solution orientation, and ability to influence and inspirepeople
- Ability to travel up to 30% of your time (after pandemic)
Your contact to us! With people. For people.
Do you need more support?
Our Talent Acquisition Team welcomes your questions. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Our success is based on innovation, curiosity and diversity - and on the fact that we regard our variety as a benefit. With 40 years of experience in the diabetes business, Roche Diabetes Care is the market leader and a driver and shaper of the future of care for people with diabetes. Digitisation is an essential element of our work.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.