At Vontobel, we are committed to actively shaping our future. We create and pursue investment opportunities that get our clients ahead. As a global financial service provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and investment solutions that fit.
We are looking for a strategic and operational HR professional, driving business outcomes through being a trusted business partner to the covering area and by leading, owning and enhancing best-in-class HR programs. As a business partner you adopt a business mindset, develop initiatives and strategies at scale that are impactful, whilst anticipating the implications the initiatives could have on the organization. You collaborate with HR CoE’s and cross-functional groups to execute the strategy on the entire employee life cycle.
You are a forward thinking HR professional, respected for your well-founded expertise in Human Resources and the financial industry. You partner closely with the business leaders of your area, supporting the execution of the people agenda. You are a trusted HR professional to all the employees in your respective area and coach them in their company live cycles. In addition, you are engaging in HR projects and support to drive HR excellence. In your daily work you keep focus, ensuring data and analytics together with you extensive experience guide your decisions.
Your main responsibility is to partner with the Business Unit Head of your area in Wealth Management and their senior leadership to drive business outcomes.
- People strategic topics
- Execute on the people agenda for your Business Units in line with business priorities: jointly with Leadership team, shape and implement a plan on talent management, culture, diversity & inclusion, performance and reward.
- Drive people-related initiatives with your communication, coaching and influencing skills, and offer thought-leadership regarding organizational/people-related strategy and execution.
- Educate managers on various HR initiatives, including learning and development, recognition programs and various management issues.
- Talent management
- Partner in recruitment for senior and/or critical roles, supported by the talent acquisition team.
- Influence as a talent broker to facilitate internal career development moves.
- Nurture a performance management culture, in which top performers can further thrive and low performers are actively supported and managed.
- Own investigations end-to-end based on the sanction policy and employee handbook in coordination with our HR Legal and Sanction Competence Center
- Act as a point of contact for separations to manage critical situations in partnership with the business, ensuring smooth and respectful handling. Invest into developing managers to handle difficult situations well.
- Support the HR year-end processes (Performance, Promotion and Compensation), in cooperation with the responsible Head of HR for Wealth Management: plan, educate, monitor, and give active to the Head of HR WM and your Business Unit.
- Organizational health
- Build organizational health, leverage internal and external best practice to drive engagement and a high performance culture.
- Be a change agent in the organization, enabling and co-leading the organizational changes.
- Analytics: Provide insights and guidance to the business regarding org health metrics, such as turn-over, retention, diversity etc. Use data to build your recommendations and actionable plans.
- Ensure adherence to all labour law and statutory requirements and compliance with internal regulations
- Leadership and employee development
- Coach leaders to ensure they exhibit our Vontobel values, lead by example and reinforce our culture in all their dealings with employees, as well as customers.
- Provide consultation to leadership teams (especially BU and Department Heads) regarding team dynamics and team functioning, in cooperation with the Head of HR WM.
- Support and drive leadership initiatives to advance business effectiveness.
- Identify the collective development needs through talent reviews and employee feedback.
- Work at scale
- Make sure we go the extra mile, driving HR initiatives that go beyond our core business: Lead and drive projects.
- Provide guidance/coaching to other HR professionals, e.g. being an acknowledged expert in a topic, facilitate a training session or support a learning initiative for the HR team.
- Role model for HR professionalism and support others to grow.
Your behavioral competences
- Strategic thinker, able to translate business objectives into hands-on operational action plans & milestones.
- Ability to solve complex organizational and people-related challenges and to quickly build a relation with your clients and build trust.
- Assertive, results-oriented and open personality who possesses a combination of mental flexibility, creativity and sound judgment.
- High interpersonal and communication skills, able to work across functional areas within a company culture that is high performance, self-directing and collaborative.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves mentality and a very structured but still pragmatic approach.
- Effective consulting and coaching skills, empathetic personality with the ability to build trusted relationships with senior leaders.
- Out-of-the-box thinker, curious, innovative and forward-looking approach.
- Ability to maintain confidence and professionalism when leading others through ambiguous and complex situations, effective problem solver.
- Act always with integrity.
- Team player who supports the whole HR team
- Flexibility to travel (about 30%)
Your technical competences
- Extensive experience working as HRBP, with a good understanding of the many different responsibilities of the function.
- Business acumen, industry knowledge and strategic focus.
- Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop action plans based on thorough analysis.
- Project management experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken German, English and French, ideally in Italian too.
- Solid HR education.
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form.