ECA is the sole independent body directly representing football clubs at European level. With a current membership base of more than 240 professional football clubs from across the continent, with plans to increase to over 500 Members over the next few years, ECA is the representative voice of European club football on the international football landscape.
Working closely with football’s governing bodies, competition organisers and other professional stakeholders, ECA’s core purpose is to place clubs at the ‘Heart of Football’.
ECA is continually strengthening its administration to ensure it enhances the value of its activities and services for Member clubs. A rapidly growing administration team of over 30 people, works closely with its Members, Executive Board, Working Groups, Panels, Task Forces, Committees, and other bodies. ECA is on a mission of organisational development, targeting a performance-driven culture and delivering high impact outcomes for our colleagues and our members.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are core values at ECA, and we are committed to building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all staff and members. As part of its development and growth, ECA is recruiting a
to manage and analyze football finance data to provide valuable insight to ECA Members.
As part of its development and growth, ECA is recruiting a Football Finance Analyst to manage and analyze football finance data to provide valuable insight to ECA Members.
Offering exciting career progression opportunities for an international profile, this newly created role will also help scope, create, and deliver, a range of valuable financial analyses and services to the benefit of all ECA members. The role will require a mix of well-developed strategy consulting skills and an ability to collaborate across the ECA organization. A deep understanding of the sports ecosystem and its financial value drivers is essential.
The ideal candidate will possess impressive knowledge of the European football landscape and be able to demonstrate excellent data manipulation, analysis and presentation skills. The ability to communicate in a clear, calm, and concise manner, and build strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, will also be essential.
The role is based at ECA’s offices in Nyon, Switzerland, with some travel across Europe to attend ECA events and visit Member clubs.
Reporting to the Head of Finance Strategy & Operations, your main accountabilities will be the following:
- Build and maintain financial datasets relating to European Football landscape.
- Collecting and analyzing publications to monitor and report on industry trends.
- Manipulate raw data to produce valuable insight to ECA Member clubs.
- Provide support on research projects.
- Help, create and implement financial services to all ECA Members.
- Bring innovative thinking to solve ECA s’ challenges and develop new insights and approaches.
- Assist the Head of Finance Strategy & Operations on all ECA strategic projects.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in working within a top sports consulting firm, ideally in football.
- Extensive knowledge of the European football landscape.
- A master degree in business administration, economics or similar from a renowned institution
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and database management, as well as presentation with PowerPoint.
- Language skill: native English or mandatory excellent English written & oral skills. Additional European languages are a plus.
- Proven ability to work with large and complex datasets and translate them into compelling and understandable insights.
- Excellent data manipulation and analytical skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm whilst working under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong technical skills and a passion for how data can inform, influence, and change behavior.
- Proven ability to manage several simultaneous projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Highly developed organizational skills and efficiency with finite resources
- Always demonstrating a positive and can-do mindset
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to quickly build strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- A visible passion for sport, and in particular, football
You are invited to send your CV and cover letter to Raoul Tondini, Head of People and Culture, at email@example.com