An opportunity has arisen for a senior asset management lawyer interested in working in an international and dynamic environment. You will be part of AM Legal, an international and business focused legal department within the COO team of Vontobel Asset Management (VTAM).
Vontobel Asset Management is a Zurich headquartered multi boutique asset manager with investment boutiques in New York, London and Zurich and offices across the USA, Europe and Asia that has grown rapidly and is continuing to expand internationally. VTAM manages a broad variety of strategies through its multi-boutique investment business and via various product offerings including UCITS, Swiss mutual funds and 40 Act funds and offered via global distribution partners, as well as institutional mandates and sub-advisory accounts.
The role will involve working alongside other senior lawyers as well as the opportunity to manage and develop more junior members of the team depending on experience levels. The role will involve advising on all aspects of an international asset management business with a particular focus on Switzerland and Luxembourg. Technical knowledge of the Swiss and/or Luxembourg asset management regulatory framework, as well as EU initiatives is required. Experience of UCITS funds and/ or Swiss funds is a pre-requisite and familiarity with cross border distribution of funds and/or investment and trading legal issues considered highly desirable. A general problem solving attitude, a determination to continually improve standards, strong attention to detail and a willingness to support and develop other lawyers in their day to day work is also required.
Location: Zurich or Luxembourg, other locations will also be considered
- Pro-active awareness and monitoring of the asset management legal and regulatory environment, particularly in Switzerland, Luxembourg and the EU, analysing business impact and working on the implementation.
- Ability to analyse and resolve complex cross border legal issues as well as optimizing internal set-ups at a Swiss rooted asset manager with global ambitions.
- Advising on trading and investment legal issues globally and reviewing associated contractual documentation, including ISDAs.
- Defining standards for a broad range of product legal documentation, including but not limited to fund prospectuses, shareholder letters, board resolutions and ancillary fund documentation for Luxembourg, Swiss and German funds to ensure consistency, technical accuracy and high standards. The ability to identify issues and successfully and pro-actively address them is essential.
- Defining standards for a broad range of contractual documentation, including but not limited to investment management agreements, distribution agreements, share class agreements, NDAs and other vendor and service provider contracts to ensure any issues are identified, escalated and resolved and associated risks mitigated.
- Lead and structure other legal related projects that arise due to regulatory change, business transformation or international business expansion
- Minimum 5 years working in asset management either in-house or in private practice
- Strong technical knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to European/Swiss asset managers, as well as MiFID and UCITS.
- Excellent drafting skills, communication skills and attention to detail is essential
- Must be a strong team player, able to coach and develop colleagues, work collaboratively with other teams, with a business and solutions oriented mind-set
- Resilient individual with a high EQ able to balance competing demands in an ever-evolving environment.
- Must be highly organised, efficient and hard-working with the ability to drive projects and get things done.
- Fully qualified lawyer in the EU, Switzerland or UK
- Fluency in English both written, verbal and at a technical legal level is essential and German language skills an advantage
Perry Tucker is looking forward to receive and review your application.
Please apply via our career portal. For this position, please note that we do not consider applications from recruitment agencies.
If you have any question you can contact us through ourcontact form.