Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd is a leading Swiss business law firm with more than 150 lawyers in Zurich and Geneva, and an office in Singapore. We are looking for a
to join our Digital and Innovation team.
As a key member of an inter-disciplinary team of technology, business and legal professionals, the position offers you an exciting opportunity to drive technological and business innovation in a leading Swiss business law firm with an international and domestic client base.
The position is based in our offices in Zurich or Geneva.
Main responsibilities include:
- Identifying, with the Head of IT and Innovation and business stakeholders, data engineering and business intelligence priorities, requirements and expected outcomes.
- Managing and enhancing the firm's data engineering and BI tools and processes.
- Developing and managing ETL processes to collect, transform, integrate and provision data from various sources.
- Modeling, analyzing and visualizing data; managing existing and developing new reports and dashboards for our management and business units.
- Implementing self-service BI capabilities for business units.
- Participating in IT projects with the responsibility for data integrations and migrations.
- Implementing processes and tools to improve data quality.
- Contributing to the analysis and automation of business processes.
- Working with the firm's Information Security team to ensure adherence to security policies and procedures to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the firm's data.
Required professional experience and skills:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Science or related fields.
- 2+ years of work experience with designing, developing and managing data warehouses, data marts and/or data models, with developing, orchestrating, and managing ETL processes, and with data analysis and visualization.
- Advanced knowledge of and work experience with SQL, SSRS, SSIS, Tableau and a programming language (ideally Python) is a must. Experience with Power BI, Alteryx Designer, IBM Cognos and SSAS (MDX and/or Tabular) is a plus.
- Experience with data mining, predictive analytics, machine learning and blockchain technologies is a plus.
- Professional command of written and spoken English is a must; command of German and/or French is a plus.
Required personal skills:
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to effectively communicate BI problems and results to business stakeholders at all levels.
- Pragmatic and results oriented approach.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to perform in a team with the ability to build trust and respect amongst colleagues.
- Positive attitude, proactive, reliable, open-minded and keen to learn new things.
If you are interested in joining our team, Christine Joseph, Human Resources Zurich, looks forward to receiving your application by email (email@example.com) to her personal attention. Please feel free to contact Lars Bauer, Head of IT & Innovation for further information by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).