The Inter-Community School (ICS) is one of the preeminent international schools in Switzerland located in a purpose-built campus in beautiful Zumikon. ICS is an independent, co-educational day school and operates as a non-profit Foundation governed by a Board of Trustees. As the only School in Zurich fully authorized by the International Baccalaureate to offer the International Baccalaureate Primary Years, Middle Years and IB Diploma Programmes, ICS currently has an enrolment of 860 students, age 3-19, representing 48 countries. Instruction is conducted in English and students also learn German.
The ICS Communications and Marketing Manager reports to the Head of School and supports the work of the Director of Enrolment Management. The Communications and Marketing department strives to provide excellent client service to the ICS community while promoting the uniqueness of the ICS identity and the mission of the School.
- Develops an overarching strategy and marketing plan designed to grow enrollment and enhance school reputation.
- Assumes the overall responsibility for the operations of the Communications and Marketing Department including the leadership of the department staff.
- Works collaboratively, as a member of the administrative leadership team, with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and colleagues to fulfill the strategic goals identified for the school.
- Plans, prioritizes and manages the work of the Communications & Marketing Department, providing strategic and tactical advice, guidance and coaching setting key performance indicators.
- Initiates and oversees reputation management activities at ICS across all client touch points from materials, communications, reception, event set up, campus spaces and facilities working closely with colleagues across several departments.
- Oversees the implementation of the marketing plan including all advertising and promotional activities encompassing ads, advertorials, web banners, billboards, trams, publications and events held virtually or in person.
- Collaborates closely with the school leadership team to evolve the school’s promotional offer to align with the needs and aspirations of the market.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the private and international school education market in Zurich through desk research, data collection, parent survey, etc. in close collaboration with the Admissions Department.
- Leads the development of accurate, timely and insightful competitor and market insight to provide SLT with clarity on external market pressures and opportunities.
- Sources and acts as the liaison, as needed, with marketing, communications and public relations external consultants.
- Identifies opportunities for enhancements to the school’s information and registration systems to improve effectiveness, efficiency and reliability of registration and enrolment processes to improve the student and family experience.
- Works in close collaboration with other departments throughout the school to support the implementation of effective marketing strategies to realise enrolment goals.
- Collaborates with other senior managers and various stakeholders in the school’s divisions to support the successful transition of new students and retention of current students.
- Leads the annual planning for the departments’ activities.
- Oversees the school’s website on a daily basis working closely with the Website coordinator to ensure SEO optimisation and rich content with an adaptive mindset to consider user experience and optimal navigation
- Provides design support for print and electronic materials for digital and print publications.
- Manages social media content including writing and proofreading posts on all social media channels.
- Proposes and creates rich content about life on campus to be shared across all marketing channels including teacher insights, classroom activities, programme and curriculum highlights.
- Consults, advises, and partners with various stakeholders to plan, stage, and evaluate a variety of events for audiences in on-site and off-site locations ensuring alignment of goals and effectiveness of planning and delivery.
- Conducts surveys and provides feedback on events or activities to key stakeholders; makes recommendations to the SLT and suggests changes designed to enhance communications and event effectiveness.
- Manages the marketing budget and takes responsibility for the sourcing, tracking and inventory of clothing merchandise.
- Participates in recruitment and selection activities to hire staff for the department as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in communications, marketing or journalism.
- Minimum three of relevant, successful years of experience demonstrating passion, integrity and creativity in the design and execution of marketing activities including event planning & promotion, and communications, including social media content creation and website content development, preferably in an educational setting.
- Experienced team leadership (minimum of three years leading a team).
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing effective communication plans (including the use of both traditional and digital platforms), preferably in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively research, write, and edit to deadlines for a diverse range of communications, incorporating key messages and targeting key audiences.
- Demonstrated successful experience coordinating multiple projects and tasks, while meeting deadlines and maintaining accuracy.
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Great organizational skills and ability to work independently in a methodical manner.
- Ability to work independently and with meticulous attention to detail.
- Sound judgment relating to confidential projects, personnel, school or student matters.
- Multi-tasker with ability to handle multiple projects without missing deadlines, self-directed and enjoys taking initiative.
- Fluency in Swiss-German/German and English, preferred.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
Terms and conditions
We offer a challenging and interesting position in a truly international, development-oriented, friendly and caring environment and remuneration package that meets the standards of the market and a variety of benefits.
Applications should be sent to:
Inter-Community School Zürich
Frau Simona Philipowitz
HR Strategy and Development Manager