The Siegfried Group is a global life science company with a network of 12 sites in Europe, the USA, and Asia. Siegfried offers contract development and manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients, intermediates, and drug products. Siegfried has sales of CHF 1.2 billion and employs over 3,600 people. Siegfried Holding AG is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (SIX: SFZN).
Purpose of Position
Our site in Evionnaz has been part of the Siegfried group since 2015 and has around 400 employees. It is an important drug substance manufacturer for worldwide markets and has a focus on R&D activities, pilot and commercial manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and related intermediates.
In this context, we are currently seeking to hire a new Head of Human Resources to foster an excellent HR function that is recognized as a trusted and reliable partner at all levels.
If you are a seasoned HR leader and see yourself as an entrepreneurial bridge-builder with an interest in working in a global network, then this position could be just the right one for you!
As a member of the Site Leadership Team, your role is key to the long-term success of the site. You will report directly to the Evionnaz Site Head and functionally to the Global Head HR for Drug Substances.
- Take ownership of the HR function on site and manage an efficient & skilled team of HR professionals
- Advise and partner with managers on all aspects of the employee lifecycle
- Further develop the site's HR landscape and ensure sustainable growth by designing, developing and managing engagement, performance, recruitment, onboarding, compensation & benefits, learning & development programmes, etc.
- Be an integral part of the global HR community. Participate in global project groups to develop and implement new concepts and processes in line with the strategic objectives of our businesses.
- Develop and continue local social sustainability initiatives like our "Wellbeing committee"
- Represent Siegfried in local professional associations and strengthen our employer brand
- Our new colleague is a senior HR leader with 5+ years' experience in a senior or leadership role within a manufacturing company, ideally in chemical/pharmaceutical fields
- A bachelor's or master's degree in human resources would be the ideal educational background for the role
- Fluency in French and English are must haves to understand the needs and collaborate with our people on site and within our network. Speaking German is a plus
- You possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and can communicate effectively across functions. On site, you enjoy being there for employees and managers alike.
- You love to hear the site's heart beating: You bring a human touch as well as a continuous improvement mentality
- You enjoy project work in a hands-on environment
Working at Siegfried
- Working from home according to global policy
- Flexible working hours
- STI (short term incentive)
- An attractive Share matching plan
- "Swibeco" benefit platform & "Reka" checks
- 6 weeks of vacation
- Participation in subsidized sport activities on site
- Attractive employer contributions into the company pension fund (LPP)
- Accident coverage for both professional and non-professional accidents
- Topping up cantonal family allowances
Who we are
In the Midst of People's Lives - Across the Globe
The Siegfried Group is one of the world's leading Custom Development and Manufacturing Organizations (CDMOs) developing and producing active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), intermediates and finished dosage forms. As our core competence, we successfully integrate chemical and pharmaceutical capabilities into a single business model.
We are able to produce about 200 of the approximately 1500 registered drug substances used in medicine. Moreover, we produce 20 percent of global demand for caffeine. Consequently, nearly 1 billion individuals come into contact with Siegfried products.
What we do in Evionnaz
Siegfried Evionnaz is a facility specialized in custom synthesis of active ingredients and intermediates for the pharmaceutical industry. The chemicals plant, built in 1957, employs around 350 people in a wide variety of fields, ranging from production, laboratories and logistics to quality assurance, administration and more.
- Development and production in strict compliance with quality standards (GMPs)
- Ensuring perfect compliance with safety, health protection and environmental standards
- 6 GMP production units (315 m³) with reactors from 0.5 to 8 m³
- 2 Pilot and Kilolab installations with reactors of up to 1,000 liters
- Flexible, multi-product production lines
- Broad portfolio of technologies: azide chemistry, organometallics, cryogenics, phosgenation and more.
- Facility highly specialized in niche technologies
- Development capacity: from 1 gram to industrial quantities