Nestlé is the world's largest food and beverage company. It is present in 187 countries around the world, and its 290,000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2,000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites like Ninho. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.
Location : La Tour-de-Peilz, Switzerland
Company: Nestlé Switzerland
Act. Rate: 80-100% (up to 50% home office)
Type of contact: Permanent contract
What we offer at Nestlé
Flexible work policies in terms of core hours and working from home. Please talk to us during the recruitment process about what flexibility could look like for you!
Genuine opportunities for career and personal development
Modern "smart office" locations providing agile & collaborative workspaces
Dynamic international working environment
Attractive additional benefits
As a "Category Development Manager Chocolate", you will be the expert of the chocolate category for the full Swiss market. Externally, you will consult our customers in terms of portfolios, distribution and layouts. Internally, you are the voice of customer and Key Account to our Category Analytics, Trade Marketing & Brand Marketing Team.
We offer a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions, and regions. Don't miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context.
A Day in the Life of a Category Development Manager Chocolate
- Be the voice of customer & key account to Brand Marketing for product & activation development.
- Drives customer growth by leveraging all commercial opportunities.
- Leverage the best working promotion mechanisms per channel also identify new promising channels for category development.
- Define channel optimal target assortment based on brand priority, shopper insight, external product performance and internal financials.
- Define and implement a perfect store vision for each channel/customer and feedback needs to accomplish perfect store vision with Brand Marketing and Trade Marketing
- Accompany Key Account Managers to customer meetings as an expert for the category and channel vis-à-vis customer counterpart.
- Provide channel insights input as basis for activities, such as product assortment, layout, pricing strategy, promotion strategy, etc.
What will make you successful
- University degree or higher education degree
- 3-5 years "˜experience of category expertise, sales, marketing
- Entrepreneurial and customer-oriented mindset
- Excellent social & communication skills: strong presentation skills & proven ability to influence
- Analytical skills, conceptual and strategic thinking
- Excellent Excel skills & data understanding
- Fluent in German (negotiation level) and English, French is a plus