As Switzerland's leading digital hub, we provide our media and plat-forms with ideal framework conditions, support them through invest-ments in technology, and create space for them to develop individually. We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation and dynamic development. We are on the move – and want to keep moving. We are farsighted. We are proactive. We are courageous. We are TX.
As a Site Reliability Engineer in the Publishing Technology Solutions group, you will help us write the digital future of TX Group. You will help improve, deploy, and run Switzerland's most important news sites, our web solutions which allow journalists to create and publish the news. You will be part of a team of 6 engineers responsible for running the end-to-end TX publishing cloud infrastructure.
Our Team Values
- Automation whenever it's possible
- Everything as code
- US rather than ME
- Continuously learning and improving
- Proactivity rather than reactivity
If we share the same values, please continue.
As part of our team you will be doing:
As part of our team you bring:
- Run our infrastructure in AWS with Terraform, CloudFormation, EKS, ECS and EC2.
- Improve the deployment process to make it as smooth as possible through GitHub Actions and CircleCI
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure pieces that allow our publishing solutions scaling to support thousands of internal concurrent users and millions of external users worldwide
- Prevent errors and waste of time through automation
- Ensure production functionalities and performance, in close contact with the product teams
- Plan the growth of TX Publishing Technology Solutions infrastructure
- Establish monitoring and alerting on early symptoms to proactively avoid disruptions, through Prometheus/Grafana and DataDog
- Leverage potential of cloud solutions, properly balancing availability, reliability, performance, and costs
- Constantly improve security by exchanging with the TX infosec team
- Be on an on-call rotation to respond to availability incidents and provide support for product engineers
As part of our team you get:
- Proven experience in a DevOps, or SRE role
- Enthusiasm to continuously learn and love for challenges
- Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell
- Have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken or which can be improved, you can't help but act
- You know at least one code language (python, node etc.)
- You know docker, kubernetes, terraform, git
- You like to understand how things work, and you enjoy solving complex problems
- You know AWS in depth and you have experience with CDNs
- You can help software engineers learn to build for the cloud, and exploit the potential of the cloud ecosystem
- You have mastery over CI/CD tools and processes, and are continually improving these
- The chance to work with the most interesting technologies
- The chance and the time to constantly learn, explore and implement new technologies
- The opportunity to contribute to independent journalism
- Partial home office and fantastically equipped offices when working with colleagues on-site.
- Different social benefits
We do not accept unsolicited applications from third - party agencies.
Talent Acquisition Specialist